2020 IFO (Import FaceOff)

zeitgeist57

Went early Sunday morning on my first dedicated 555 run with the Volvo. Made my son throw up. :lol: It was a blast and the weather was perfect.

On the way back home from Zanesville on 70W, we stopped in to IFO at National Trails. I have never been there, and with my 9-yo son getting huge into cars, I'm glad we went. It honestly reminded me a bit (a tiny bit, very tiny) like ALMS Sebring, where there's track action going on in the background and a carnival-like atmosphere: more than just the vendor stations and show cars, there were a bunch of yokels in jacked-up trucks, pit bikes, parading around the grounds. Even Hector from F&F was there signing autographs.

My son really liked the drag racing. He seemed tickled when JP ripped the HoboEvo to 150mph and I told him that "Daddy knows the owner of that car". Of course, Ronnie Nutter showed up in his '64 Impala ragtop, stuntin' on everybody with 3-wheel motion.

I saw a few carguys I know there. Surprisingly YOUNG crowd, despite people in their 40s-50s talking about how kids-these-days aren't much into cars. My son and I were masked up the whole time; hoping COVID doesn't bite everyone in the ass. Glad something was going on in 2020 for the local car scene.

Went early Sunday morning on my first dedicated 555 run with the Volvo. Made my son throw up. :lol: It was a blast and the weather was perfect.

On the way back home from Zanesville on 70W, we stopped in to IFO at National Trails. I have never been there, and with my 9-yo son getting huge into cars, I'm glad we went. It honestly reminded me a bit (a tiny bit, very tiny) like ALMS Sebring, where there's track action going on in the background and a carnival-like atmosphere: more than just the vendor stations and show cars, there were a bunch of yokels in jacked-up trucks, pit bikes, parading around the grounds. Even Hector from F&F was there signing autographs.

My son really liked the drag racing. He seemed tickled when JP ripped the HoboEvo to 150mph and I told him that "Daddy knows the owner of that car". Of course, Ronnie Nutter showed up in his '64 Impala ragtop, stuntin' on everybody with 3-wheel motion.

I saw a few carguys I know there. Surprisingly YOUNG crowd, despite people in their 40s-50s talking about how kids-these-days aren't much into cars. My son and I were masked up the whole time; hoping COVID doesn't bite everyone in the ass. Glad something was going on in 2020 for the local car scene.

Hey, thanks! I ended up winning my class. :)

Hard to find me in that sea of people, but feel free to say high next time. :)

Awesome to hear, Clay. My boys seem into the "scene" but are still young. Both love loud bikes, cars, and monster trucks, Judd (who is almost two) loves watching vid's of "eese ca's" (race cars) and the cruises down here. I fully plan on building something with/for them.

Hey, thanks! I ended up winning my class. :)

Hard to find me in that sea of people, but feel free to say high next time. :)

Congratulations, JP!

I asked my son if he wanted to go find you, but I have to admit I was still a little COVID-shy, and after a couple of rows of show cars we were both ready to leave. We woke up really early for the 555 run and I didn’t plan for IFO (no hat/sunblock, no Food/water and didn’t want to wait in line).

After I get the Volvo tuned with the Hilton Stage 2 I just got, I’m going to take my son to a Test and Tune to try some drag racing.

Congratulations, JP!

I asked my son if he wanted to go find you, but I have to admit I was still a little COVID-shy, and after a couple of rows of show cars we were both ready to leave. We woke up really early for the 555 run and I didn’t plan for IFO (no hat/sunblock, no Food/water and didn’t want to wait in line).

After I get the Volvo tuned with the Hilton Stage 2 I just got, I’m going to take my son to a Test and Tune to try some drag racing.

Yes, I hear you there. Not much masking or social distancing happening at IFO. Thats for sure!

....Not much masking or social distancing happening at IFO. Thats for sure!

It all depends on how you define a social distance, I guess .....

IFO.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It was good to back to an almost normal car event. The youngsters were all very friendly and I was surprised at how much enthusiasm the Viewt generated. IFO did a video interview with me about the car. If they put it up on their site, I'll post a link here.

Congrats, JP. There were some really good times and I'm glad yours was one of them. :)