2003 (or 2004) Hyundai Sonata GLS - $1750???

31rx7

CORRECTION: As Sean noted below, this is a 2001, not a 2003 / 2004. But, they are pretty much all the same, and it's not like it will influence the value!

(Now watch some Hyundai fanboi respond and tell me about the upgraded idler pulley and different glovebox latch on the later cars...)

My sister and her husband are selling their 2003 (or it might be 2004) Hyundai Sonata. I believe it is the GLS trim, 2.7L V6. All service records. I know the car well as it was father in law's car - a true "Grandpa Car". Only 88,000 miles. Has received excellent maintenance for most of its life.

I say "most of its life" as it was away at college at BGSU with my nephew for two years. During that time, it received a few dings and scratches, and the antenna broke. A few interior stains of unknown and perhaps unthinkable origin.

Car has cloth interior, grey exterior, and the usual equipment. Runs and drives great. Tires at about 7/32" all around. Brakes at 50%. Car was just serviced at The Northend Wrench and issues are listed below. Looks good. Does not leak oil or anything. Timing belt was done at 50,000 miles. No CEL's.

Issues I know about:

1) AC does not work. Might just need an evac / recharge, might need more.

2) Antenna as noted is broken. This was a power antenna and my brother in law snipped off the retractor so the whole unit needs replaced. Get a new manual antenna, or just use your phone and a bluetooth FM adapter.

3) Shocks are getting weak. Rockauto has them for around $25 to $40 each, or loaded struts for $52 - $90 a piece.

4) IIRC, CD player does not work.

5) Minor rust but not bad at all. Hardly noticeable.

That's about it. It's a good driver that would make a solid work car for somebody, kid's car (because you know they will trash it), or serve you well as a winter hooptie while you keep your pimpy car in the garage. I believe he is asking $1,750 and assume he is flexible.

I tried to talk my wife into getting it for when she stores her S2K this winter, but she gave me "the look".

Edited by 31rx7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...