All Seasons--Steve-O

Mace1647545504

I could have piggy backed on mojoe but then I feel that is unfair to Steve-O

As i said in mojoes post he came down for an estimate, then gave me a date he could do it.

I ordered the door and it wasn't going to be in until after the install date. So I called , told him and we set the date for later in the month.

Well as fate would have it the door came in early. I called told him the door was in and also told him that I knew he wouldn't be able to get to it but I had to asked. He got back to me saying he could do it this Sunday and asked it that was ok for me. Hell yeah is was!

He said he'd be here around 10 and he and his partner began working.

Long story short, the new door and exterior molding is up and looks great!!

Highly recommended

My wife tried to feed them brunch...lol

I hope she was not offended in any way lol

We would have gladly ate but happen to be friends with the owner of Memories in grove city so pre planned to stop by and eat with them after... Rain check :)

Steve, how would you feel about doing sub-floor including 'leveling' in about a 300sqft space? It is in a finished off attic with steps in an old bedroom off of a hallway. The access is not amazing, it might be tough to get full sheets of plywood up there. But we could almost fit a queen size box spring up there (80"x60") so it's close.

We already ripped out the carpet, most of the hot-dumpster-fire sub-floor and for no good reason 2x4s on top of the floor/ceiling joist. It's a 1925 farm house so the joist are not plane by this point. I need to finish the floor gut and see how out of plane they are. I've no experience with shimming or any other method for bringing a sub-floor into plane. I do not expect it will be level, that's not a reasonable request in this house. I feel bringing someone in to do this portion is going to be my path of least resistance to quickly get these floors done. You would be dealing with a 'blank' slate set of floor joist that are not plane.

We can chat offline if that's best. Just trying to see if this is something you would be interested, especially in since it's just a 'small' part of this overall project. If Joe says you are good, that's all the input I need to trust you with any projects. :thumbup:

Steve, how would you feel about doing sub-floor including 'leveling' in about a 300sqft space? It is in a finished off attic with steps in an old bedroom off of a hallway. The access is not amazing, it might be tough to get full sheets of plywood up there. But we could almost fit a queen size box spring up there (80"x60") so it's close.

We already ripped out the carpet, most of the hot-dumpster-fire sub-floor and for no good reason 2x4s on top of the floor/ceiling joist. It's a 1925 farm house so the joist are not plane by this point. I need to finish the floor gut and see how out of plane they are. I've no experience with shimming or any other method for bringing a sub-floor into plane. I do not expect it will be level, that's not a reasonable request in this house. I feel bringing someone in to do this portion is going to be my path of least resistance to quickly get these floors done. You would be dealing with a 'blank' slate set of floor joist that are not plane.

We can chat offline if that's best. Just trying to see if this is something you would be interested, especially in since it's just a 'small' part of this overall project. If Joe says you are good, that's all the input I need to trust you with any projects. :thumbup:

Shoot me a txt or pm we can take a look and see what all will need done to make it right

I hope she was not offended in any way lol

We would have gladly ate but happen to be friends with the owner of Memories in grove city so pre planned to stop by and eat with them after... Rain check :)

No she was fine and understood..she's a country cook so you missed sausage gravy, eggs, and fried potatoes..lol

• 3 weeks later...

Another huge +1 for Steve and his crew. From the above post, I got to a point in a project I didn't feel comfortable with doing it myself and trusting the outcome. I had them come in under the assumption that X, Y Z needed done, and that was not something I wanted or had the ability to do. But they said I only needed to do X and actively steered me to doing it rather than having them do it due to their cost VS my capability and somewhat based on time frames. I'm relatively capable in this area and despite that they could have easily oversold me on them needing to do it, as well as having the scope and cost be higher than necessary. But they shoot straight with me and even gave me some great product suggestions and locations to get those products.

I hope and I'm sure I will have projects in the future where they will be my first call. This experience along with MoJoe and the OP solidifies that for me.

Also like others experience they also respect your time. They were here right when they said they would be to look everything over. That's also a huge plus in this field where half of the time people just flat out don't show up.

EDIT: It was nice meeting you Steve, thanks for coming out and looking over the project.

Edited by Trouble Maker