Rusty Tracker - WWCRD?

zeitgeist57

I was looking at getting a small 4x4 to tow behind my RV, and use as a runabout. Got a great price on a Geo Tracker (wifey and I both had Suzuki Samurai's in H.S. so I'm partial to this '90s era of Japanese 4x4s). While the topside was in great shape, even the seller had his own concerns over rust and I appreciate the pics he sent:

2gNFQbkl.jpg

685L42Ol.jpg

nE4EPG7l.jpg

y8rK30pl.jpg

PBxWIWel.jpg

lPAcnNzl.jpg

inEQ5x6l.jpg

dVmzItyl.jpg

ylATO2Ol.jpg

The price is too tempting for me to resist, and while I have a welder and cutting tools for metalwork, I just can't stomach doing this much rust repair. I'm going to have to pass on it, but curious what say you, CR?

I'll pass!

On a slightly different note, you have access to used cars from the southern states in your travels. I'd look for one in non-salted areas. Another option is to find JDM Samurai (RHD, Jimny) which usually has turbocharged 660cc. The RHD part may be a hindrance and price level is definitely higher than just a couple thousand, however, resale value may help.