A request for help

PRD2BDF

Hello all,

First of all, if it isn't the right section, I apologise.

I wanted to put a call for help. Some of you may know that I am a teacher of the Deaf at Ohio School for the Deaf. I have a former student, a good kid at heart but he has been through a lot growing up and this month is crushing blow after blow. Earlier in the year, he was dropped off at a homeless shelter by his family with no explanation. One of our staff took him in to give him a home, helped him get his feet planted, and provided him a car to use. Well now this month alone, the car was totaled in a semi sideswipe accident, his "mom" (the one who took him in) is in the hospital on life support from COVID-19, and he was recently told that he would have to move out.

So he will not have a car in two weeks. I've been working with him to develop a plan. I wanted to ask you all if you know of someone who has a good dependable car for cheap $1500 or less that he can buy to continue working and supporting himself.

Trying here and asking friends first before resorting to the shady Marketplace

I can help. Is there a number I can text you at?

740-438-8919

And an update. This morning, he was working Door Dash, he got involved in a serious car accident and the totaled car is completely smashed up. He has a lot of cuts and scrapes. His luck is not in his favor.

He's okay. Very shaken up

740-438-8919

And an update. This morning, he was working Door Dash, he got involved in a serious car accident and the totaled car is completely smashed up. He has a lot of cuts and scrapes. His luck is not in his favor.

He's okay. Very shaken up

Damn. I'd say CR can do something for this kid! What's he need besides a car?

This, we've always had some type of donation in the past.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you want to donate to provide assistance. That would be amazing. I will be upfront and say that he is not able to budget his money yet. He doesn't have that skill yet. That's what I've been working with him, trying to teach him. His foster family has asked him to move out basically immediately. If you would like to do ate to help pay for the hotel (extended stay america which is his best option as he doesn't know basic life skills and the hotel is basically a mini apartment with everything included), you can send a venmo at @Cody-Seesholtz or cash app at $prd2bdf just include a note "for student" or something and I will make sure it goes directly to his expenses

This would be temporary until he get settled in and start paying for himself

our safco insurance is dirt cheap.

FYI we had Safeco when the hail damage hit our house back in 2005ish. Had new siding and a roof put on. They doubled our homeowners insurance the following year to like $1300/6 months. compared to $650 or so previously.

• 2 weeks later...