Need a roof built over patio out back

Buck531

Anyone on here do that sort of work or can recommend a place that can? Gahanna has weird codes in place so I'd rather have a company that knows that kind of stuff and not some random thrown up shit roof.

Don't have exact measurements currently but this is what I need to have covered

http://photos.app.goo.gl/RinaXpXAuirujNqi6

http://photos.app.goo.gl/RinaXpXAuirujNqi6

RinaXpXAuirujNqi6

What is the plan? Shed roof out from underneath the existing soffit? Maybe sister rafters to the trusses under soffit? Guess then just need to deal with the electical there and footings....pour new ones just outside the slab? I assume the slab isnt on any foundation.

Our framer does all sorts of smaller scale jobs (smaller than framing entire new homes that is). He may need a plan (or a solid gameplan) to even begin to price it though.

John Litteral - 614-496-6160 (cell). Tell him Adam Rainwater sent you if you do call him.

What is the plan? Shed roof out from underneath the existing soffit? Maybe sister rafters to the trusses under soffit? Guess then just need to deal with the electical there and footings....pour new ones just outside the slab? I assume the slab isnt on any foundation.

Our framer does all sorts of smaller scale jobs (smaller than framing entire new homes that is). He may need a plan (or a solid gameplan) to even begin to price it though.

John Litteral - 614-496-6160 (cell). Tell him Adam Rainwater sent you if you do call him.

Thanks. No idea on plan. Thats what i'd be paying for someone to figure out and build. I know what i want but i would need to talk to someone here at the house and explain to them what i want and go from there.

How do you want the underside finished? Looks like you may be able to year the gutter/fascia off above the window and bring that pitch on out. May not have to touch the roof above the door that way, just flash into that wall.

If you aren't going for cheap/simple, you could always bring a new ridge line adjacent to the window wall and valley the roof lines above the door. It'd give you a tall ceiling and gable end with lots of aesthetic possibilities.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

How do you want the underside finished? Looks like you may be able to year the gutter/fascia off above the window and bring that pitch on out. May not have to touch the roof above the door that way, just flash into that wall.

If you aren't going for cheap/simple, you could always bring a new ridge line adjacent to the window wall and valley the roof lines above the door. It'd give you a tall ceiling and gable end with lots of aesthetic possibilities.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

not worried about the underside. It could just be straight trusses for all I care. The one we had before with a wood deck had... plywood, layer of shingles, then some printing type press material (thin aluminum), then had a layer of metal roofing (previous owner lol).

It was right below the bedroom window and right above the door on the left before.

This pile Hector (10phone2) tore down a few months before the fire in 2019. http://photos.app.goo.gl/t7j9PRAGYG3UNdMn8

Here's what was left after most of it was torn down.

http://photos.app.goo.gl/V7ewatpHXBGov6be7

I just had a roof put over my deck this fall.. make sure the pitch is correct, the Amish did mine and they made it fairly flat so we had plenty of space under it and unfortunately the entire reason for building it was for shade and to help with the elements and well... my deck has been shoveled several times in the last few days so you can see how well that has worked out.

I just had a roof put over my deck this fall.. make sure the pitch is correct, the Amish did mine and they made it fairly flat so we had plenty of space under it and unfortunately the entire reason for building it was for shade and to help with the elements and well... my deck has been shoveled several times in the last few days so you can see how well that has worked out.

Can I ask roughly how much it was? Who did the work?

We have an umbrella now but we both wanted the extra shade and such. I'm also going to plan on putting a ceiling fan for some air flow in the summer.

Not much of any covered porch would stop that blowing snow we were getting unless you had it somewhat in a NE facing nook of the house.

Also bear in mind lumber prices are insane right now. Quotes are at least double what they were just 6-8 months ago for materials. My framer is telling me they may fall again towards end of Feb.

Not much of any covered porch would stop that blowing snow we were getting unless you had it somewhat in a NE facing nook of the house.

Also bear in mind lumber prices are insane right now. Quotes are at least double what they were just 6-8 months ago for materials. My framer is telling me they may fall again towards end of Feb.

Yep. Well aware of that. Neighbors house is STILL not finished due to the prices of just about everything (not including lumber) doubled and/or tripled.

Also I'm not worried about the snow and shit being on the patio. I'm used to that from our old deck. We just want some coverage in the afternoon when the sun is beating down after 12 pm. Sun sets in the back of the house.