Alternative shipping methods

Nickey4271647545519

I'll be down in Texas at the end of the month, I bought an engine block I need to pickup while I'm down there. I need to ship it back but UPS was $140 to ship it back to a business address.

Has anyone used Fastenal or Greyhound bus service for shipping? I've heard they are a much cheaper alternative, just takes a little longer to get to its destination.

I’ve always heard greyhound and other alternatives are cheaper but when I’ve tried to use them I’ve never been successful. Please let us know if you get it to work out.
This. Greyhound was a nightmare when I shipped a car hood. I believe it made it there, but I really didn't get any accurate information until I actually dropped it off and talked to the desk.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

140 for an engine is cheap. If you work somewhere that ships a lot of freight though, you may be able to have them ship it collect on their account (if they allow the employees to do so). Businesses that ship a lot usually get a pretty good discounted rate.

It's just an engine block that's brand new in the crate. Probably weighs about 85-90lbs with the crate.

But that's a solid idea, we do a ton of shipping with UPS so I might see what our rate is or I could just take the shipping tag along with me.

It's just an engine block that's brand new in the crate. Probably weighs about 85-90lbs with the crate.

But that's a solid idea, we do a ton of shipping with UPS so I might see what our rate is or I could just take the shipping tag along with me.

I go in to Fedex and the counter lady pulls up my company account, then I pay cash. She said people do it all the time, use a company rate but pay CC or cash so the company doesn't get charged. Can try something like that also if they'll allow it.