WTB newer small sig Sauer and crossbows

hpfiend

938 is my absolute favorite carry gun. I like 1911 controls and the metal frame. Size is perfect for a smaller piece too as I have big hands and its comfortable to shoot.

That being said tons of people love the 365 if your looking for a polymer lower.

938 is my absolute favorite carry gun. I like 1911 controls and the metal frame. Size is perfect for a smaller piece too as I have big hands and its comfortable to shoot.

That being said tons of people love the 365 if your looking for a polymer lower.

Yeah I was having a difficult time deciding between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 365 is starting to pop back up in stores. Blackwing had a few variants of it last time I was there. It's been my favorite carry gun in all aspects to date.

Yeah I just saw one at cabelas the other day

What are you looking for in crossbows? Cost, speed, lightweight?

I know a couple things about crossbows and am into mine way too damn much for what someone should put in a crossbow.

Cost primarily and availability of parts/bolts. I asked at cabelas today and apparently a wicked ridge made by te point or something like that had a lifetime warranty so a used one of those would be great. We bought a couple compound bows off of eBay a few years ago but can barely hit a hay bale so the rifle similarity is what intrigues me.

I was surprised as the emphasis on scope quality as I figure at that range a red dot would be more than enough?

Cost primarily and availability of parts/bolts. I asked at cabelas today and apparently a wicked ridge made by te point or something like that had a lifetime warranty so a used one of those would be great. We bought a couple compound bows off of eBay a few years ago but can barely hit a hay bale so the rifle similarity is what intrigues me.

I was surprised as the emphasis on scope quality as I figure at that range a red dot would be more than enough?

Take your compounds to Fisherman's Warehouse and get them set up properly. Compounds are the way to go

I would look at one with a cranking mechanism that is easy to use and reliable. Some people hate the Ravin, most people love it. I used a few different ones before I bought my Ravin. While the price is in the "cry once" range, I've had it two years and still love it. Ten point makes a great bow, but their crank was why I didn't buy. I use to have a Barnett and it killed deer fine, but was wide, heavy and limited in speed = Range and accuracy. For $300, it put deer in the freezer at 35 yards fine. I didn't like that there was no way to de-cock it without firing it or subjecting your fingers to some issues. I always had to put my target in the truck and take it with me to hunt, so I could fire into it to de-cock it. PITA.

Had someone told me I would say to buy a $1,XXX crossbow, I would have LOL'd at them 3 years ago. Now, I feel like I'm cheating in the woods and love the simplicity of my Ravin.