Audi S7?

Wease

Anyone owned an Audi S7? I've been thinking hard on selling my G8 lately and only have a few cars I'd consider replacing it with. The Audi S7 is at the top of the list. I'm a big fan of the body style and that hatchback. Has anyone owned one, have some insight about them? I know about the issue with the screens for the turbos, that's about it. :lol:

Not sure which years, but I'm sure someone on here can confirm but blown turbos can be an issue. Something with the oil screen? If the turbos do go, just put RS7 turbos on.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/4-0tt-turbo-failure-thread-s6-s7-rs7-a8-s8-2966653/

Not sure which years, but I'm sure someone on here can confirm but blown turbos can be an issue. Something with the oil screen? If the turbos do go, just put RS7 turbos on.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/4-0tt-turbo-failure-thread-s6-s7-rs7-a8-s8-2966653/

Yep. It's real. Not a hugely costly fix if one is proactive though. Super nice cars. Loved my Audi, but I will warn you if they act up, dealers, especially MAG are assholes about costs and issues. Dandini's in Westerville is worth a visit. Ken is legit and straight up and can fill you in. Just call him. I took mine there for the few issues it had since mine was tuned and I had no warranty.

Again, great cars but anything so over-engineered, which they are, will have issues and costly ones as they age. Just my two cents.

Turbos are the big item, seems to affect earlier years rather than later but all the 4.0t cars can develop the problem if they hadn't had the new oil screen and fittings applied. I saw a couple cars on CarFax that listed the turbos having been replaced, That would give me a little peace of mind.

In the end the if the turbos fail it's not super catastrophic. You can buy upgraded turbos for less than 2k and the install is a DIY.

Other than that oil separators, turbo coolant o-rings, and motor mounts are the main issues, with turbos and thermostats being less common.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late to the party but I have an S6...same thing as s7, different body. My stock turbos blew because the oil screen was clogged. Went RS7 turbos/stage 3.

Motor mounts are known to sometimes go bad. They're electronic and work with the cylinder deactivation to prevent vibrations.

DSG mechatronics and sport differential issues are less common but something to be aware of.

Other Audi's have came and gone, but the S6 is in the "keep, not for sale" pile.