AMC short squeeze

Forrest Gump 9

Anyone following the movement?

https://franknez.com/how-soon-will-we-see-an-amc-short-squeeze/?fbclid=IwAR08ZAl5ueG_2Cg1g-M4Ake45YZouwq7qhrx7Pw1lQk8tSF3FRVl8HWL_wE

I have about 120 share that I bought back in January with my IRA. I’m intend to just ride them out and see how high they’ll go. I can’t touch that money anytime soon.

Personally I'd take the profits, you can see a large sell off yesterday which pretty much marked the end of the run up. Or you can just let it go and who cares.

The idea of a "short squeeze" sounds good to the uninformed retail trader, but anyone who's been around a while in penny stocks or otherwise will know that the institutional traders that the squeeze is suppose to work against have several means of getting the price they want through legal market manipulations which amateur's aren't gonna understand, ie trading the stock between themselves making it look like volume and lowering the price of the trade for a while until they shake the tree enough to scare off the retailers. Thats just one simple method there's plenty more and also the company itself could decide to take the opportunity of high stock price to get lending through junk bond offerings or dump shares onto the market both of which will hurt the price in the end, but will keep the company going for a while longer. Good moves for a company with fundamentals as bad as AMC. Did anyone actually look at their data? No wonder they are a short sellers dream and even more so now with the huge run.

institutional traders that the squeeze is suppose to work against have several means of getting the price they want through legal market manipulations

yep, 100% rigged- if you think you're winning against the house, someone there really screwed up or it was a coincidence you bet the same way they did.

sold at 69.69

I may start intra day shorting it since its pretty clear that the stock is in a decline and still massively overvalued. The only annoying part is that news is gonna keep breaking on it over the next week for sure which could push the price up temporarily at any moment.

That's only news to people who don't know better. Just like buying dips, shorters short peaks to average up their positions and in this stock shorts are gonna make a lot on the way back down because it's a shit company with shit fundamentals and extremely over bought technicals so in a matter of days we might still have highs but in the end the stock will head to the basement again which is perfectly predictable in this case as soon as the "hype" is past.

Now very short term I bet that news will cause some people to buy Monday and think they are gonna hold several weeks and get rich which won't happen at this point but they might make some money if they buy Monday and sell same day or a few days later in the peak. Beyond a week or two they will have held to long most likely because it's all hype driven and their are professional manipulators working this one. GME was a sort of surprise attack and now the enemy has had time to figure out their strategy for this the next one.

Lol I saw a headline on that. Wonder who's making the real money on these pump and dumps via social media?

Yea i was wondering the same thing if the media is picking up the stories and running with them wouldn't there be money to be made based on these headlines?

I know the mad money guy Jim Cramer has been suspected in pump and dumps on his show. Usually in the world of penny stocks someone buys them for weeks months in 100k share lots for nearly nothing so that the volume doesn't move and then they pump the stock and start unloading their position to the unsuspecting retailers. I've seen them get small media involved such as stock news outlets or even just have the stock itself in on the deception having them put out well timed press releases etc. These are true penny stocks trading at thousandths of a dollar. I have the suspicion they are applying the same principles to a much larger scale involving these trash companies in trying to sell noobs on the idea that they're going to squeeze the shorts and force them to "buy to cover" their positions which will then further the price up however that's not how it works, and the game is controlled by the institutional investors to a large degree and they're not going to go bankrupt by being on the wrong side of a bunch of retailers.

going to guess someone/hedge fund that has been big into psychological effects on the stock market/addiction patterns.

Beyond simple fundamentals in companies daily business activities meaning good companies have increasing value, psychology plays the biggest role in the markets with a lot of the value assigned to stocks being perceived value at times especially surrounding news so it's very easy to manipulate.

I'm surprised there's been enough selling of AMC so far this week to keep the price going sideways against the interesting news in that video and other news over the weekend. It's kind of telling that without the pump this thing will crash.

Looks like BlackBerry (BB) is the new target??

Isn't it interesting how you posted that, I also saw it in the news and the fuckers been down since? Pretty much by the time we hear of it the run is over so the goal is the know about them before the runs ever start and good luck with that. Or another strategy which works is the "sell the news" which means put in short sale orders, hehe.

Edited by Tractor