Where can I rent a Polaris Slingshot?

unfunnyryan

I find it wild that on Turo I can get a Porsche Cayman for less per day. I don't even want to rip the thing, just take my dad on a trip to Crabils in Urbana for some burgers while having some open air enjoyment.

Anyone know a better source from these? Do I just fuck over a dealer and take one on an "extended test drive" ?

Does Iron Pony Rent them? Or have any suggestions? I know they rent motorcycles. I think it is called Eagle something. It is just inside the door to the right before you get into the Indian showroom.

Don't be a dumbass with it, fill the gas tank when done and you can use mine for a afternoon. PM me if you want to use it, I am uber busy right now in life so sometimes go a week or two before checking CR out.

Doc let me do that back in the day so just passing the favor along. (I came back a year later and bought his slingshot as they are just too much fun. lol)

Don't be a dumbass with it, fill the gas tank when done and you can use mine for a afternoon. PM me if you want to use it, I am uber busy right now in life so sometimes go a week or two before checking CR out.

Doc let me do that back in the day so just passing the favor along. (I came back a year later and bought his slingshot as they are just too much fun. lol)

ive always wondered how much fun they are since having my exocet a couple years back

I looked at them on paper when they rolled out and thought to myself, how could a four banger GM ecotech engine be any fun? When I borrowed it from Doc, I had asked him once what the most fun bang for buck vehicle he had in his stable at the time and he said the slingshot without hesitation which made me legit consider it for the first time and he was kind enough to let me borrow it for a couple hours.

It's certainly not the fastest fun vehicle I've had or built but damn, they nail everything for a fun afternoon spirited cruise around town. Long as you don't go the typical way of slingshots with gaudy ass LED lights and blaring stereos.

Edited by Franchi

• 2 weeks later...
Wife and I were talking about this the other day. The hope is some day we can afford one for a toy. Right now unless they are stupid cheap I just can't afford that kind of payment with the other 2 daily driver payments. Also, does it require a motorcycle endorsement or just normal driver?

Wife and I were talking about this the other day. The hope is some day we can afford one for a toy. Right now unless they are stupid cheap I just can't afford that kind of payment with the other 2 daily driver payments. Also, does it require a motorcycle endorsement or just normal driver?

Normal driver. Few years ago they required a motorcycle license but that changed to regular license a while ago.

It's been a year or so since I've looked at prices but seemed like you could get a solid 2 - 3 year old used model with under 20k miles for about 15 to 20k if you take your time and search.