The 6th gen Z/28 that never came to be...

BuckeyeROC

https://www.motortrend.com/news/chevrolet-camaro-z28-sixth-gen-dead/

"The naturally aspirated, flat-plane crank, 5.5-liter V-8 from the upcoming Corvette Z06 would have provided power (likely more than 600 horses, too) to the new Z/28. Let that sink in. Now, you ready to get really upset? Due to packaging reasons, there's just no way to build a C8 with a manual transmission."

I came soooooo close to buying a 2020 Rally Green SS 1LE last year, but I got a divorce instead :lol:

Just a temporary setback, and sooooo worth it. Once I get back into a house again, I still want to get a 6th gen at some point. I'm happy to see they are offering a metallic orange color starting in '22 :cool:

I was always a Camaro fan. Dad has a 1st gen, I had a 4th gen SS in high school. I have 2 GM powered vehicles...

I just CANT get behind the 5th & especially 6th gen body style.

Id take a Mustang 10x over the current Camaro... I hate that I chose looks over the data but yeah..

I was always a Camaro fan. Dad has a 1st gen, I had a 4th gen SS in high school. I have 2 GM powered vehicles...

I just CANT get behind the 5th & especially 6th gen body style.

Id take a Mustang 10x over the current Camaro... I hate that I chose looks over the data but yeah..

I think the 5th gens look aight. Def don't like the 6th gens. Wish they'd have gone for more of a first gen look myself. The numbers don't lie on performance so it's hard to argue that, but among the 4 biggest "throwbacks" (Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Challenger) of the last decade or so I'd say, overall, the Mustang and the Challenger landed a bit closer to home in terms of retro styling nods.

Performance wise? Ferd uses bicycle tires and can't get power to the ground thus taking out crowds and Doge made some whales. Powerful whales, but imagine if they had performance in mind and kept the size and weight at bay. Cheby takes the W.

..."Charger" lol.