☆~PoLOLtics~☆

greg1647545532

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty amazing how this whole "Lets Go Brandon" thing has the left out of their damn minds.

Can you explain your source for this? because from my vantage point most people really don't give a shit. Like at all.

Is this one of those things where the trolls are so amused that they are trolling all the imaginary people in their head that make up their idea of the "left"?

Can you explain your source for this? because from my vantage point most people really don't give a shit. Like at all.

Is this one of those things where the trolls are so amused that they are trolling all the imaginary people in their head that make up their idea of the "left"?

Probably. Just as was done with folks trying to troll Trump when nobody cared and, "thanks, Obama."

In other news, New House Bill Would Allow Residents to Carry Guns Without License.

EDIT: Here's a better article on it Kerry linked me to.

Edited by Otis Nice

-Liberal CNN political analyst Joe Lockhart managed to compare the anti-Biden rallying cry "Let’s Go Brandon" to coded rhetoric from Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan and ISIS in one tweet as corporate media continued its meltdown over the chant.

-Asha Rangappa, the analyst and senior lecturer at Yale’s Jackson Institute for Global Affairs, took to Twitter to consider how the pilot’s alleged comment would be received if he had said, "Long live ISIS" instead. "My guess is that 1) the plane would be immediately grounded; 2) the pilot fired; and 3) a statement issued by the airline within a matter of hours," she posted. (In reference to pilot stating "Let's Go Brandon! at the end of his in flight speech"

-A few CNN analysts added to the onslaught. Juliette Kayyem, for instance, suggested substance abuse may account for the pilot's conduct. "Yes pilot conduct. His words reflect possibility of anger management or substance abuse. It is worth asking," Kayyem tweeted.

-"Its pilots now giving the 'f*ck you Biden' or 'let's go Brandon' GOP line during the flight," Will Bunch, an opinion columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer, tweeted. "I've always loved flying Southwest. Don't plan on doing it ever again."

-"Vulgarity stand-in from ⁦@SouthwestAir cockpit," Washington Post editor Cathleen Decker wrote while AP’s Colleen Long nearly got kicked off the flight. "TFW you’re trying to go on vacation and then the pilot says the very thing you’re working on over the loud speaker and you have to try to get him comment but then almost get removed from plane," Long wrote Saturday.

-NPR labeled the term "vulgar" and CNN’s Edward-Issac Dovere was so offended by the phrase that he called it "an inside joke telling the president of the United States to perform a sexual act on himself."

-Washington Post reporters Ashley Parker and Carissa Wolf wrote on what they considered "vitriol" from Biden critics in a piece titled "Biden’s critics hurl increasingly vulgar taunts." The article claimed, "The current eruption of anti-Biden signs and chants, however, is on another level, far more vulgar and widespread" than anything seen in previous administrations.

-Rapper Bryson Gray announced on Twitter Thursday that his music video poking fun at President Joe Biden was removed from YouTube due to "medical misinformation." "Why is the most censored rapper in the country someone that doesn’t even curse in songs?" Gray told Fox News. "Why can you rap about murder, sex, and drugs but when I rap about questioning the government I get banned? Is this still America?"

Enough examples?

Liberals spent years applauding and celebrating vulgar rhetoric aimed at former President Donald Trump. Robert de Niro once received a standing ovation from the glamorous Hollywood crowd attending the Tony Awards by simply uttering, "f—k Trump."

Critics of Trump also threatened to blow up the White House, posed with a mock severed head of the former president, and celebrated his fictional assassination in an adaptation of Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar."

-Liberal CNN political analyst Joe Lockhart managed to compare the anti-Biden rallying cry "Let’s Go Brandon" to coded rhetoric from Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan and ISIS in one tweet as corporate media continued its meltdown over the chant.

-Asha Rangappa, the analyst and senior lecturer at Yale’s Jackson Institute for Global Affairs, took to Twitter to consider how the pilot’s alleged comment would be received if he had said, "Long live ISIS" instead. "My guess is that 1) the plane would be immediately grounded; 2) the pilot fired; and 3) a statement issued by the airline within a matter of hours," she posted. (In reference to pilot stating "Let's Go Brandon! at the end of his in flight speech"

-A few CNN analysts added to the onslaught. Juliette Kayyem, for instance, suggested substance abuse may account for the pilot's conduct. "Yes pilot conduct. His words reflect possibility of anger management or substance abuse. It is worth asking," Kayyem tweeted.

-"Its pilots now giving the 'f*ck you Biden' or 'let's go Brandon' GOP line during the flight," Will Bunch, an opinion columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer, tweeted. "I've always loved flying Southwest. Don't plan on doing it ever again."

-"Vulgarity stand-in from ⁦@SouthwestAir cockpit," Washington Post editor Cathleen Decker wrote while AP’s Colleen Long nearly got kicked off the flight. "TFW you’re trying to go on vacation and then the pilot says the very thing you’re working on over the loud speaker and you have to try to get him comment but then almost get removed from plane," Long wrote Saturday.

-NPR labeled the term "vulgar" and CNN’s Edward-Issac Dovere was so offended by the phrase that he called it "an inside joke telling the president of the United States to perform a sexual act on himself."

-Washington Post reporters Ashley Parker and Carissa Wolf wrote on what they considered "vitriol" from Biden critics in a piece titled "Biden’s critics hurl increasingly vulgar taunts." The article claimed, "The current eruption of anti-Biden signs and chants, however, is on another level, far more vulgar and widespread" than anything seen in previous administrations.

-Rapper Bryson Gray announced on Twitter Thursday that his music video poking fun at President Joe Biden was removed from YouTube due to "medical misinformation." "Why is the most censored rapper in the country someone that doesn’t even curse in songs?" Gray told Fox News. "Why can you rap about murder, sex, and drugs but when I rap about questioning the government I get banned? Is this still America?"

"

So your examples are mostly Pundit sources (not news sources) practicing brinkmanship? Can you really say any of these people speak for the whole of one political side, and if so, does that mean that Hannity and Tucker speak for all conservatives?

Sounds like you are giving "the media" a pass for the action that most people are angry with the media about, just because it convenient for you.

So your examples are mostly Pundit sources (not news sources) practicing brinkmanship? Can you really say any of these people speak for the whole of one political side, and if so, does that mean that Hannity and Tucker speak for all conservatives?

Sounds like you are giving "the media" a pass for the action that most people are angry with the media about, just because it convenient for you.

CNN employees, Washington Post employees, AP Employees, NPR, YouTube, what were you expecting, a nationwide poll of self proclaimed leftists? Many of these were stated on news sources and not refuted by their employers (which they usually due quickly if they disagree or feel it varies from their viewers/readers opinion). As typical with many people, you disagreed with a point and said show me it is happening and that you are not making it up. I showed you and now you want more proof. It is happening a lot, it is well documented. If you choose to not believe it, so be it.

CNN employees, Washington Post employees, AP Employees, NPR, YouTube, what were you expecting, a nationwide poll of self proclaimed leftists? Many of these were stated on news sources and not refuted by their employers (which they usually due quickly if they disagree or feel it varies from their viewers/readers opinion). As typical with many people, you disagreed with a point and said show me it is happening and that you are not making it up. I showed you and now you want more proof. It is happening a lot, it is well documented. If you choose to not believe it, so be it.

Got it, so conservatives are literally losing their minds over every topic Tucker Carlson talks about on his show. Glad we cleared that up :thumbup:

no wonder they seem so miserable, losing your mind 5 days a week over every little thing seems exhausting.

See this is the problem I have with conversations with conservatives on this forum. Its not about issues or policies - for people like Pandah all that matters is that the other side is unhappy and that makes them happy. It is literally the most vacuous, unintellectual, approach to politics. What common ground can be found with someone who is willing to screw themselves over just so they can think their nameless, faceless "enemy" is unhappy.

See this is the problem I have with conversations with conservatives on this forum. Its not about issues or policies - for people like Pandah all that matters is that the other side is unhappy and that makes them happy. It is literally the most vacuous, unintellectual, approach to politics. What common ground can be found with someone who is willing to screw themselves over just so they can think their nameless, faceless "enemy" is unhappy.

Basically the reason I left facebook recently. Likely won't be permanent, but I just got tired of it being nothing but politics and people slinging shit.

I have to agree with greg..the video is kinda muddled..I feel if does show he was trying to help and then I assume the rioters saw him with a weapon and decided they were going to take it from him....a dumb mistake on their part.

They got what they deserved..leave him alone and nothing happens...go after him to do bodily harm..welllllllll

this is the new evidence that the prosecutor was saying would "make it clear that Rittenhouse is the aggressor".......wtf?

This only makes it more clear that this whole trial doesnt even need to take place.

I watched the opening statements and kept thinking to myself while listening to the prosecutor "You know you are supposed to be....prosecuting....?". He basically did the work for the defense. The defense lawyer should have stood up and just said "Yup, I second what the prosecution says happened. Now, lets watch the video again."

What is the prosecution arguing here?

this is the new evidence that the prosecutor was saying would "make it clear that Rittenhouse is the aggressor".......wtf?

This only makes it more clear that this whole trial doesnt even need to take place.

I watched the opening statements and kept thinking to myself while listening to the prosecutor "You know you are supposed to be....prosecuting....?". He basically did the work for the defense. The defense lawyer should have stood up and just said "Yup, I second what the prosecution says happened. Now, lets watch the video again."

What is the prosecution arguing here?

Rittenhouse is charged with 6 counts:

- FIRST-DEGREE RECKLESS HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON

- FIRST-DEGREE RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING SAFETY, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON

- FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON

- ATTEMPTED FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON

- FIRST-DEGREE RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING SAFETY, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON

- POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON BY A PERSON UNDER 18

- FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH AN EMERGENCY ORDER FROM STATE OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT

Of those charges, only two, intentional homicide and attempted intentional homicide, can use self defense as a defense. Self defense doesn't help when facing a "reckless" charge, and illegally possessing a weapon only further supports that he was reckless.

I think the only charge that sticks is the possession charge...imho

The failure to comply I would think only if there were riots and the local government told everyone to go home or be arrested. Oh wait it was a riot but not reported that way..it was a protest and 100s maybe 1000s were out and about.

And my last thought, if the police did tell him they were glad he was there then the failure to comply is gone... I'm not an attorney nor do I know what those charges entail.

I have only posted the applicable parts of the minor in possession law. Please feel free to look the whole thing up. This section (minor in possession) only applies if you are violating 941.28 (short barrel rifle) which he wasn't or if you are not compliant with 29.304 (applies to those 16 and under, he was 17) or 29.593 (applies to hunting, which he was not doing).

948.60  Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

(1)  In this section, “dangerous weapon" means any firearm, loaded or unloaded; any electric weapon, as defined in s. 941.295 (1c) (a); metallic knuckles or knuckles of any substance which could be put to the same use with the same or similar effect as metallic knuckles; a nunchaku or any similar weapon consisting of 2 sticks of wood, plastic or metal connected at one end by a length of rope, chain, wire or leather; a cestus or similar material weighted with metal or other substance and worn on the hand; a shuriken or any similar pointed star-like object intended to injure a person when thrown; or a manrikigusari or similar length of chain having weighted ends.

(2) 

(a) Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

© This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593. This section applies only to an adult who transfers a firearm to a person under 18 years of age if the person under 18 years of age is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593 or to an adult who is in violation of s. 941.28.

941.28  Possession of short-barreled shotgun or short-barreled rifle.

(1)  In this section:

(a) “Rifle" means a firearm designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder or hip and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of a propellant in a metallic cartridge to fire through a rifled barrel a single projectile for each pull of the trigger.

(b) “Short-barreled rifle" means a rifle having one or more barrels having a length of less than 16 inches measured from closed breech or bolt face to muzzle or a rifle having an overall length of less than 26 inches.

29.304  Restrictions on hunting and use of firearms by persons under 16 years of age.

29.593  Requirement for certificate of accomplishment to obtain hunting approval.