☆~PoLOLtics~☆

greg1647545532

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the fuck pays 30-50% (actual) income tax? Was this written by a European? Also, the only way to proc the inheritance tax is if you leave your heirs millions. You probably *should* be taxed significantly to take the burden off of others.

capital gains isn't 30% either, its more like 15%-20%

Without going to far into it I can see tax understanding is low. The more you make the more you pay in percentages and at a point in the middle it's pretty rough. Make less and you get a lot of breaks, make much above that middle or certain conditions like business ownership and you can get the rates lowered through strategies.

If your a W2 employee who just makes a lot and is caught in that middle zone there are no breaks and tax rate can be near 39%

With capital gains it's usually about 10% on long term, and anything short term is taxed at the ordinary rate of your income, ie you earn 50k and made short term gains in Bitcoin of 50k you get taxed at 100k bracket.

This stuff isn't rocket science, I'm a small business, day trader, etc wife makes a lot, on paper my business doesn't. I'm also a tax guru and have a good friend and client tax attorney and we talk about this stuff a lot because we're nerds lol. Most of the information is single page stuff on the IRS website so not hard.

If your a W2 employee who just makes a lot and is caught in that middle zone there are no breaks and tax rate can be near 39%

The highest tax bracket is 37%, and that only applies to income over ~$500k. Who are you saying pays 39% as a W2 employee? Even taking into account state/local taxes that's really high unless you're making serious money. And remember we're talking adjusted income.

I said Near 39. If you looked and 37 is highest then to most people that's near 39.

If you wanna go there we can do some taxes and I'll show you that people in 37% don't get the same deductions as people in the 15%. For a few you don't get standard deduction right off the bat so that's 24,000 you can't subtract. Next the child care stuff, social security, etc etc.

I personally run a business and make it look like I make almost nothing, but that is it's own problem, keeping it simple banks use line 31 of a schedule C to determine income. I post a few thousand however my monthly take-home is equivalent of a person earning just under 100k. Remember wife a banking VP makes a bit too so we're way over a mark to lose a ton of deductions so it's a trade off.

Between income and investments it's not hard to be in the top bracket and if your just a couple W2 employees with investments that aren't long term or your house flippers etc then it's not hard to be in that top without help from deductions.

Full disclosure I hate both sides pretty much equally these days, feel like I've grown a lot. I still like to keep my freedom and my money but at the same time it's confusing because as a society and a planet there is simply some compromise and working together that must happen for the good of our species and our home talking globally. Not sure how to solve the domineering and tyrannical qualities of both sides and pretty much tired of it.

What if you have already gone thru COVID?

You and your significant others actually contracted COVID? We spent days or weeks of feeling like shit only to be told "you have to get a vaccination?" I already had that shit, I have antibodies that are most likely superior to the vaccine.

I voted for Joe but there is going to be a severe split in America.

The experts who know more than you have looked at the data and concluded that getting the vaccine is beneficial even for those who have already had covid. They say that your antibodies now are not superior to how your antibodies will be after the shot. So get the vaccine you dolt. You're not smarter than all of those scientists and doctors.

GeT tHe VaCciNe yOu dOlT...

No thank you. Call me what you wish, but I have already had covid (and did my part staying home for a month after being exposed through having it and being released to go back to work) and I don't personally trust how they are pushing this vaccine so quickly being that they haven't had time to do the long term testing for proper FDA approval (that everything else requires). Yes, this is based on a vaccine from 20 years ago, but that vaccine didn't pass second phase trials because it was harming the animals it was tested on. If this vaccine is modified from that, it still needs proper testing.

With that said, I am not against the vaccine, those that wish to get it should, but I don't believe anyone should force someone else to take it. Also I'm not saying I wouldn't take the vaccine in the future, I just want it to have time to properly be tested.

Has there not been enough "time" to research the vaccines, or has there been such an abundance of resources poured into that research process (given the global need) that it's been executed faster than typical?

Typical commentary by goobers to the above question:

- "Yea it's all the resources that concern me! It's fishy, corrupt, etc."

- "How long did it take for other vaccines to get approved though, longer right? Really makes you think, etc."

- "It's experimental though, they haven't done the testing the right way."

It's like beating your head into the wall when you ask people to support the claims above. In my experience, you end up with an overall conclusion along the lines of "I dunno, my gut just tells me"... Cool deal, I'm confident the folks actually doing the good science are basing their conclusions and recommendations on more than their gut.

Then I'll get responses like:

-"Yea Pfizer is buying their way into the scientists pockets, because they know all the money they'll make with more approvals"

-"Yea it's the deep state, lefties, etc. Trying to make Trump and red states with few restrictions look bad, they want to kill the economy to prove a point, etc."

The other exceptionally irritating thing I keep hearing, even from dumbass members of my own family, is this shift toward now justifying "natural immunity", as referenced by the CDC.

Some dummies misunderstand this to mean immunity you get from eating your veggies, doing water aerobics, and using the best witch oils. Others actually understand this is referring to the immunity one has with natural antibodies gained after a Covid infection. I have several acquaintances who refused the vaccine, to no one's surprise contracted Covid, and are now occupying the "high ground" of having the "best immunity", better than any vaccine. The BS reasoning against the vaccine they were previously peddling is no longer top of the heap to draw from, they just default to the "I'm good, read what the CDC says" while simultaneously ignoring the majority of the what the CDC has published.

It's all fucking tiring, and it leaves me more disgusted than I've ever been in my life.