brake light problem

EagleCock

the brake light on my 600RR sometimes likes to stop working. the tailight stays on but when I press either front or rear brake lever - no brighter light appears. I've had this problem since the middle of last year and I want to know if someone can permanently solve my problem. I have clear alternatives (CA) integrated taillight and the connection from my bike (white) has a loose wire for the brake light. The connector won't come out all the way, but it wiggles out enough to stop working. I have tried taping it (electrical) to keep it snug - no luck. This is the only connection of the 3 that comes loose...here are some pics since I don't know shit about electrical connections and probably used the wrong terms to describe my dilemma

bad!

IMG00099-20090512-1107.jpg

good!

IMG00100-20090512-1108.jpg

get some of those male/female connectors, cut the wire on either side of the plug, crimp the connectors on there, connect them, wrap in electrical tape.

I prefer to solder my connections and use heat shrink...But those butt connectors work too...

I prefer to solder my connections and use heat shrink...But those butt connectors work too...

+1 a good soder job is where it's at

Swing by the crib sometime and I'll poke the eaglecock in the tail with my hot poker. I have some sweet pink heat shrink to use also.

we've all heard the arguments for both sides... soldering can damage the wire, crimping may not be as secure - to each his own. I guess you could put ours together: butt connectors + heat shrink + electrical tape.

so I should get the brake wire out of the white and connect to the brake wire from CA light (black) and leave the other 2 wires connected like normal?

dont know what wires you're talking about but just cut the green/yellow on either side of the connector and put those butt connectors on it.

we've all heard the arguments for both sides... soldering can damage the wire, crimping may not be as secure - to each his own. I guess you could put ours together: butt connectors + heat shrink + electrical tape.

dont know what wires you're talking about but just cut the green/yellow on either side of the connector and put those butt connectors on it.

If you're pumping in enough heat to damage the wire you need to start practicing your sodering some more.

so I should get the brake wire out of the white and connect to the brake wire from CA light (black) and leave the other 2 wires connected like normal?

yes, just make sure you connect the correct wires. If you had a picture that showed both sides of the connector we could be more specific

I'm D2D

:lol:

sorry friend. as I have told you hundreds of times before, I am currently in an online relationship and I'm not available. maybe if something changes or I show up online to find he is already cyber sexing some other man, I will be free to let you show me all these tricks that you are tempting me with.

love,

WhoDey

greg.. i told you not to be telling people out our secret online relationship.. its only between me and you.. i have a few sexy tricks up my sleeve i need to show you, just give me another chance.. trust me it will be worth your while.. see ya soon babe..

love,

Big Dick Daddy From Cincinnati aka Ron Burgundy