2005 fuel tank on a 2004 cbr 600rr

mattm

Ok. looking at the parts diagrams this should work, but I don't think it will unless this tank I got is not from a 2005. It was even advertised as fitting 2004 and 2005, but I don't think there is anyway the tank cover will fit over the 2005 tank. The tank itself is narrower by the rear subframe and wider at the front of the tank by 2 inches. Anybody have experience with this? Am I wrong somehow? Maybe the tank sits lower in the frame or something?

Crap, this sucks.

Sorry for the title confusion.

Edited by mattm

I bought it used on ebay from a bike dismantler. They had it advertised as a 600rr tank for a 2004-2005. I guess it could be a 1000rr tank. See below..

Edited by mattm

Tanks are the same from 03-06.

Tank Covers are the same from 03-06.

Pic of your new tank....you sure you got a 600RR tank.....not a 1000RR tank?

Good call on the 1000rr tank. Check some ebay auctions for that tank and this is exactly what it is. Bike is torn apart and I guess I will be waiting on this vendor to ship the correct tank.

Thanks again MattKatz!

Man....Good deal.

I cant tell from that pic that its NOT a 600RR tank....they must be damn close....becuase I have had my tank of a few times....and I cant tell by looking at that pic that its not the right one.

Hopefully they get you taken care of.

I couldn't tell either. Bought the bike used and there is some tank rust that is I think causing some hesitation/surging issues. Replacing the tank and pump, air fiilter and plugs. The bike was definitely rideable but now is torn apart and the replacement tank and pump is most likely days away.

The vendor has a shop called FASTESTTOYS. They better take care of me and ship the new one at least 2nd day air.