an 82 yamaha... BIG PICS...

velnarah

NADA trade-in prices (not showing dealer retail due to all the work required):

1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim 650 Value:

$585

There's a something R after the XJ650 on the sign.It's not an "R". Those had low bars, different tank and side cover. And were called Seca.

Cool 80s bike though. The Maxims were very popular.

edit: Well ok, $985 is what it would be, used condition from a dealer showroom. After all that stuff was fixed.

Edited by ReconRat
add retail value

The older Yamaha's aren't bad bikes. I just don't like the handle bars on them. They go almost in a circle, if that makes sense. I would have to get different bars, i like mine more straight.

It's pretty much a Japanese copy of a British style of pull back handlebars from the mid 70s. Like on a 1974 Norton Commando 850R (Roadster). Which was pretty much the first production bike I remember to have pull back handlebars like that. They were surprisingly comfy to use on the road.

It's pretty much a Japanese copy of a British style of pull back handlebars from the mid 70s. Like on a 1974 Norton Commando 850R (Roadster). Which was pretty much the first production bike I remember to have pull back handlebars like that. They were surprisingly comfy to use on the road.

They were surprisingly comfy to use on the road.

I don't doubt that, i just personally don't like the look. They just look weird to me. I'm very picky about bars on a bike lol.