Universal slip on

cfd37buckeye

Hey, I recently bought a 1988 Yamaha FZ600 for $150. Now as you can guess, it needs some work. One of the first things I would like to do is replace the stock can, because it has this nice sheet metal patch on it, and it looks like crap. I know that Jardine makes a pretty reasonable slip on, but I am hard pressed to find a can specifically for this bike. Anyone know of any other Mfgs, making a universal?

I'm not finding anything for the FZ, only FZR. And FZR was a quite different bike.

The stock exhaust on a 1988 FZ600 was all one piece. p/n 2AX-14703-00-00 retail $675.68. Out-of-stock. Same p/n used on 1986, 1987 and 1988 FZ600.

If your's is still stock, it will need both the headers and a slip on. Or cut the stock assembly and use a slip on. The part right in front of the can doesn't look too willing to take a slip on, in the photos.

If it were me, I'd try to add a layer of metal or carbon fiber over the stock can and use it, if it's usable.

Yeah, I was finding the same thing. Vintage sportbikes are a bitch. I got it running tonight though. I will prolly be looking for just a can and a pipe from the collector. It doesn't sound bad now, but it looks like shit.

I set up advanced ebay searches that narrow it down to what I want, and wait for the emails to tell me about it. I usually find what I want eventually. But be careful, I just looked at one ragged out pipe and can set on ebay for a FZ600, and the part number showing, was clearly for a FZ400. And they never gave what year it was. Kinda shooting in the dark on that one.

With old bikes, sometimes you have to buy another one just for parts.

You should be able to put just about any slip on you can find. Get it tuned and be done.

Harbor Frieght makes a nice(cheap) pipe stretcher that will make install a breeZe. Don't forget some high heat liquid gasket goop to ensure a tight seal.

Oh and when is that bile show you Caimbridgians put on? I went last yearand was very much entertained.