Angels and Demons

cbrjess0815

Saw it tonight and have to say it was pretty damned good. If you've read the book, it will piss you off right off the bat. However if you just get past the fact that there is no freakin way they could include all that info in a movie, and just enjoy the well editted cinematic, you will get into it for sure!!

If you haven't read the book, then it's all good!!!!

Saw it tonight and have to say it was pretty damned good. If you've read the book, it will piss you off right off the bat. However if you just get past the fact that there is no freakin way they could include all that info in a movie, and just enjoy the well editted cinematic, you will get into it for sure!!

If you haven't read the book, then it's all good!!!!

I've read both books. I have yet to see a movie translation where they remain true to the book. Just not enough time. I don't mind leaving some out but it annoys me when they change characters, deatils etc to try and appeal to a broader audience.

I'm going to see it next week - morning showings are $5

i dont know if this is the same thing as the topic, but sunday at 9pm on discovery channel theres a show called "angels vs demons: fact or fiction?" also "the real da vinvi code" is on before that from 6-7. no clue if this is what your talking about, but thought id let u know about the tv shows.

Well, I don't wanna be a bitch here about this but the movie, basically, is a story about history. It requires interest in the past classical and international events involving the Vatican beliefs that science does not exist, coinciding with science and it's achievements and people's perception on how the two can coincide. One side says the other does not exist and visa versa. However the movie does an ok job at saying that both sides of the spectrum DO exist. The book however does a spectacular job at showing that God and Science go hand in hand. Throw in some punctured lungs and people on fire, you have the movie........

Well, I don't wanna be a bitch here about this but the movie, basically, is a story about history. It requires interest in the past classical and international events involving the Vatican beliefs that science does not exist, coinciding with science and it's achievements and people's perception on how the two can coincide. One side says the other does not exist and visa versa. However the movie does an ok job at saying that both sides of the spectrum DO exist. The book however does a spectacular job at showing that God and Science go hand in hand. Throw in some punctured lungs and people on fire, you have the movie........

It describes the age long competition of science versus religion. Scientists like Leonardo Da Vinci, while attempting to appease the church, often delved into areas forbidden by the Vatican etc. Many scientists of that era walked a thin line. Subsequently they formed a secret organization whose purpose was to advocate science despite the Catholic Church. Some members were actually within the Catholic Heirarchy, though it was kept secret. In Angels and Demons, the competition between the 2 comes to a head...

the movie has a significant amount of factual basis..