Tires and swingarms

Looney

I wanted to know about extended swingarms and wide rear tires. Do either serve a purpose other than looks? I've seen alot of bikes with the extended swingarms, and my own bike came with a wide rear tire. I haven't noticed any difference in the handling as compared to my first bike which had a normal rear tire(don't laugh, a Yammie secaII). I kind of like the look of the extended arm, but not at the price of safety and handling(this is only my 2nd season riding). :dunno:

Thanks in advance.

i think its more of a drag thing, or just for looks. but if it were to serve a purpose at all it would be more drag.

longer swingarm is longer wheelbase, more "weight" for the bike to lift off the ground for wheelie. so instead of that power being wasted lifting the bike up for wheelie, all or most of it is used in propelling the bike forward due to that added weight. its all physics.

and then the larger tire, would be for a larger contact patch to transfer the power to teh ground.

It's for drag racing or boulevard bling cruising. Either way, you'll spend enough money to have bought a second bike or two. And the existing handling will change too much. Think about some performance or custom parts for what you have now, if you want to spend money. Like a power commander, or an exhaust. Or a custom paint job. Or powder coated wheels.

It's for drag racing or boulevard bling cruising. Either way, you'll spend enough money to have bought a second bike or two. And the existing handling will change too much. Think about some performance or custom parts for what you have now, if you want to spend money. Like a power commander, or an exhaust. Or a custom paint job. Or powder coated wheels.

I would love for attack painter to get ahold of my R6. Saw the bike on here he did and it is nasty!

longer swing arm's are better for drag racing but the big tire's are bling like the 240 and 300 rear kit's idk what wide to u but i run a 190/200 mostly 190

I guess mine isn't that wide then. It's a 180. What's stock for most bikes?