Shoei Replica????

Cbus636

I was looking at buying one of the Shoei Picotte rf1000 helmets since prices have dropped to around 375.00. i found one on Amazon for 300.00 and only 3.00 for shipping, but it says it is a replica. I called the iron pony and they said it is still a legit shoei helmet, just like the ones they sell, but the color scheme is particular to a single rider? The paint on the helmet on amazon is the same as the one at the iron pony. Seems a little odd to me, can anyone clarify?

its still wierd that one plcae is selling them for 300.00. o well i just called them and they dont have my size anyway. I cant find a black medium anywhere since they have been discontinued

The helmet is tagged "REPLICA" only because that particular lid in the RF 1000 series is the Picotte Replica. Meaning it is a Replica (paint scheme) of the lid that Pascal Picotte used to wear. I currently have 2 of them... The First Edition RF 900 Orange (Designed by Troy Lee... I think), and I just scooped up the Blue RF 1000 from Iron Pony this spring. It's a GREAT lid (although, if you don't want it, that's cool too, as I wouldn't mind being the only one sporting it). LOL

http://www.helmetexpress.com/prod.cfm/cid/0/pid/11192

$199-$299 depending on size. Free shipping and 2 day delivery. Place is very legit, got my TZ-R from them in 2 days flat. They are an independent company that works out of Comp Accessories.

yea i looked at that website but i wear a medium and they are all out of those.

thanks for clearin up the whole replica thing. now if i can just find a medium????

too bad you arent in cleveland.. i've got a mint orange one with 1000 or so miles on it in a medium that i'd sell you.

i might be interested if it is in practically new condition. Send me a pm with a price? i can make a road trip