Geek squad fail

Casper

I go "I know what's wrong but I need you to fix it and I ain't gonna pay ya for some crap" well this is so common in car repair facilities. I once saw on TV that a speedy auto even didn't change oil and charged for it.....:mad:

this does NOT surprise me at all, I was in best buy for a return, and I saw one of those idiots handling someone's motherboard with no static protection walking around on carpet, as well as the customers memory. I actually said "Hey, where's your static strap" he said "Oh I don't need one", then I replied "so you intentionally take no precautions against static damage to customers equipment, that's pretty stupid." The customers eye's got really big as I laughed at him and walking away from the service counter.

Yea I worked at a best buy several years ago. Before geek squad started. There's good employees and bad employees.

Well anyways for computer returns it had to be signed off by a tech that everything was ok.

I can't even count how many times people returned several hundred dollar video cards, yet when I looked at the box the wrong board was inside.

C'mon the first clue would be matching up the color of the circuit boards.

Always a good sign seeing a green board in a ATI box.

the bbb is actually a terrible business.

the company I work for has an A- with only 1 (resolved) complaint and 0 unresolved complaints. another company in cincy that does the same work has an A+ with 4 unresolved complaints.

now tell me how this works again???

the BBB is fucking stupid.

• 8 months later...
I think it sort of depends of the store you go to and the criteria for being an employee of the geek squad etc.

I agree, some people who work in Geek Squad should not. I have prime examples of that here in our store considering I work for Geek Squad myself. One person being stupid ruins it for everyone else. Which you can see since they went to 2 different Best Buy's Geek Squad's to see if it was consistent.

Also I have no idea where they got $580 to fix the customers computer, as soon as it stated on their tests that the hdd was un-detected they should have pop the case open (which should have been also done before checking them in). No one can learn common sense, so the person who checked this computer in is the one who needs to be re-trained.

this does NOT surprise me at all, I was in best buy for a return, and I saw one of those idiots handling someone's motherboard with no static protection walking around on carpet, as well as the customers memory. I actually said "Hey, where's your static strap" he said "Oh I don't need one", then I replied "so you intentionally take no precautions against static damage to customers equipment, that's pretty stupid." The customers eye's got really big as I laughed at him and walking away from the service counter.

:eek: No way!

Seriously though, I personally build every engineering workstation at my previous company for well over 8 years as well as build numerous others for friends and family and I have NEVER worn any anti-static devices. During that time I've never had a problem with a single piece of hardware related to a discharge. The trick is to always ground yourself before you touch the PC. This will discharge any build up of static you might be carrying. They also have ESD carpet tiles now that don't build up static which they very well could have installed in the back areas where the Geeks work.

I'm still glad you were able to work up a BB customer before leaving! LOL!

they suck ... over priced, morons.

Wow, harsh don't you think? Not everyone is dumb who works at geek squad, as for the prices I agree, but to say they are morons is down right harsh for no reason. What do you do for a living?? Possibly you are a moron as well, just saying you are judging everyone based off of the dumbass like this one was in the investigation.

they suck ... over priced, morons.

The only morons are the people who shop there, and buy the over priced shit. If you ever worked in IT though, you understand how stoopid people are when it comes to technology.

I agree with others, you can't judge a chain or particular employee based on one store's performance.