Sumo fun

4DAIVI PAI2K5

took a couple pics today while out and about before i had to come to work. thought someone might be bored enough to enjoy them haha

i obviously suck at taking pics, i cant time it haha

my buddy james (burnout_boy) and i both have 06 450r's that we converted of to SuMo, the fun never stops!!! haha

james is up first...

DSCF1187.jpg

DSCF1188.jpg

DSCF1190.jpg

DSCF1189.jpg

DSCF1192.jpg

and the only one he got of me.

DSCF1193.jpg

we didnt take alot of pics obviously, next time we'll stop in some tight corners and get soem good lean photos, but this is all ive got for now

Yes your timing does suck, but that looks like fun!

yeah it was shoulda saw me wreck doing about 6mph trying to do a burn out in a muddy moss covered abandoned parking lot haha, james was ROFL. its a dirt bike its supposed to go down in the mud haha. picked it up and rode it never even shut off haha

nice bikes, how hard was it to get them plated?

easy as pie.

mine was titled as a "motor cycle" not "off road" so all i had to do was go get plates.

james' was titled "off road" title was taking to the title office u sign a paper saying that if u get stopped and ur bike doesnt meet state inspection its ur fault and ur responsible. they give u a new title for "motorcycle" after u give them 6 bucks, go get ur plates. they said no inspection is need to get plates just that ur held responsible if it doesnt meet inspection and u get pulled over.

went to allstate told them i need full coverage insur. got the highest i could get and its 23 bucks a month!!

do you guys ever take them where there were destined to be....dirt?..its just a tyre change correct?

yeah mines actually getting changed tomorrow for our camping trip!! and i had my dirt tires on for about 2 months and took it trail riding and to the track a bunch before i got my wheels, now its just so fun on the street i gotta talk my self into putting the dirt tires on!

Do you guys have full dual sport kits (Baja Designs or ???) making them fully street legal? Technically there's not a whole lot required just to be legal, I was just wondering what all you've done to them. I noticed one of you has a headlight that is on and the other has one but it's off, what's powering the headlight? (and tail light, brake light, and turn signals if you have them)

Do you guys have full dual sport kits (Baja Designs or ???) making them fully street legal? Technically there's not a whole lot required just to be legal, I was just wondering what all you've done to them. I noticed one of you has a headlight that is on and the other has one but it's off, what's powering the headlight? (and tail light, brake light, and turn signals if you have them)

we both have trail tech high preformance stators and flywheels to make the extra juice to power everything, his has a buell headlight with some tail light rigged up off a tractor or something automotive :confused: they are pretty easy to wire up, 120clocker and i have been threw a million pms of me asking him all kinds of elec. questions haha

we both have trail tech high preformance stators and flywheels to make the extra juice to power everything, his has a buell headlight with some tail light rigged up off a tractor or something automotive :confused: they are pretty easy to wire up, 120clocker and i have been threw a million pms of me asking him all kinds of elec. questions haha

That's cool. I've been thinking about turning my TTR125 into a mini street legal motard (I already have it street titled and a plate for it) but was afraid it was gonna be too much of a pain in the ass (and expensive) with no battery or lighting from the factory. I may have to look into it a bit more...

i like the idea you can ride dirt and street..those things gotta be a f-n blast.

Hell yeah they are! I've had dual sports or supermotos for the last few years now, always as a second bike, but I just sold my FZ1 and have not missed it one bit cuz I have a blast anytime I take the WR out! :cool:

Although I haven't done any serious miles at one time on it yet either...

I love the bikes. I'm looking into a crf450 myself. i love the drz but a crf would be a fun weekend bike\track whore. motards are so much fun it almost feels illegal:)!

definitely do a CRF. The DRZ is a cool bike but it's heavy and fairly slow. In stock trim, the DRZ400 only has 4 more HP than my the WR250R/X, but weighs QUITE a bit more. My WR will wax a DRZ at this point.. ;)

I bought my drz for reliability and low maintenance. I have a mrd exhaust ,lightened flywheel,and jd jet kit and i'm happy where its at now......for a work\play bike. you guys should come down to circleville fathers day weekend, there should be a pretty good turnout. we could really see if your wr will wax my drz:D

I bought my drz for reliability and low maintenance. I have a mrd exhaust ,lightened flywheel,and jd jet kit and i'm happy where its at now......for a work\play bike. you guys should come down to circleville fathers day weekend, there should be a pretty good turnout. we could really see if your wr will wax my drz:D

i plan on it!! james will be coming also!!!

what is this circleville you guys speak of?

and i think the only way dudes WR is waxing that DRZ would be offroad, you're not hanging with him in the corners with those nobbies.... me on the otherhand....(still prob couldn't keep up in a straight line :( )

nice CR's btw. i've often thought about picking up a 450 but maintenence scares me, how is it with your bikes?

what is this circleville you guys speak of?

and i think the only way dudes WR is waxing that DRZ would be offroad, you're not hanging with him in the corners with those nobbies.... me on the otherhand....(still prob couldn't keep up in a straight line :( )

nice CR's btw. i've often thought about picking up a 450 but maintenence scares me, how is it with your bikes?

i havent had any issues... yet with mine! i hope it stays that way!

Circleville