re-apolstering seat couple part question

krzwhtman

im re-apolstering my bikes seats , the sun dreied out the vynil. took the oem cover off lastnight and went to stapleing , stopped because of the staples being a lil long at 8 mm , gonna grab some new ones today .

1. my question is has anyone done this befoe? it seems no matter how tight i get it there is a lil air pocket in the middle of the vynil. where the seat contours

2. i went to Jo Ann fabrics to get the vynil ( no im not gay) i looked at the seat cushion mat. nothing was close to oem , does anyone know where i might beable to pickup a good cushion material? the OEM seat cushion is alot denser then the foam they sell at the no im not gay jo ann fabrics?

just get a gel pad to put in there.

and like blue bird said.. use some 3m glue on both the foam and cover...

use a hair dryer as well to help heat the vinyl and make it more plyable. stretch and staple.

if i can find the video link ill post it up.. there was a good how to on you tube.

in any case though.. if you dont have a cover that is meant for your bike youll most of the time end up with a little sagging, wrinkling, or air pockets

i got it finished , didn't glue because the foam and material need to be seperate from one another , according to the upholstery sites i scoped out. came out pretty good. was mother fing it though .....