Mercedes = Pure crap

V4junkie

Not necessarily, but but it adds to cost and shows a level of craftsmanship and attention to detail that people are willing to pay a premium for. So in this case, yes.

I'll throw it back at you though:

A Honda Civic isn't handbuilt, makes 100hp/liter and will probably last 10x longer than the M3's or the AMG, does that mean it's superior?

To the 1mil MB? In value yes. This is apples to oranges.

People will pay, that's the bottom line. I wouldn't but other people will. People buy HD, I don't get it, but that doesn't stop them from moving a TON (each) of bikes.

To the 1mil MB? In value yes. This is apples to oranges.

People will pay, that's the bottom line. I wouldn't but other people will. People buy HD, I don't get it, but that doesn't stop them from moving a TON (each) of bikes.

only reason they move a ton of bikes is because their bikes weigh so much

It's more along the lines of why people buy Bimota motorcycles. They're basically a Ducati, trellis frame, Ohlins suspension, Marchesini wheels etc. But, they're handbuilt, only 2/day. And they fetch $200k+. For what?

It's the same reason the Mona Lisa is worth a billion dollars or whatever but you can get the copy for $5.

Just because you would rather spend your money elsewhere doesn't make it junk.

I like the Bimota comparison better too

imHo I just don't like buying something so someone will go "Oooh that's a _(Insert brand name here)_!"

I agree wholeheartedly, but trying to justify why you won't buy it by calling it crap isn't really fair.

Sure you'll be paying for name, exclusivity, blah blah blah, but it also isn't a gussied up yugo either.