Firefighter memorial run 5/31

Zoner1320

Yeah I have often wondered about that. I have been in contact with Akron Childrens Hospital and sensed some attitude when I wanted to start a charity run on their behalf. This was not the first I have heard of it either.

I agree the Toy Run is a plus. I have been once and Ill be going this year.

I think the guy that told you that story might be stretching it a bit. I drove for Waste Management and trust me there is no way in hell they allowed someone to burn anything at a landfill. The risk of the fire spreading is way too high.

Not that I don't agree with you (cuz I do) but could they be destroying unwrapped toys for fear they have something in/on/wrong with them?

I mean, not like factory wrapping = people proof... just wondering if that's why.

I would accept that but there was no requirement made to have the donation wrapped, plus they got rid of some that were wrapped.

I think the guy that told you that story might be stretching it a bit. I drove for Waste Management and trust me there is no way in hell they allowed someone to burn anything at a landfill. The risk of the fire spreading is way too high.

I believe that is what he told me but this was also 4 or 5 years ago that he told our group about this, so my memory could be a bit fuzzy, I will have to ask him next time I see him.

I would accept that but there was no requirement made to have the donation wrapped, plus they got rid of some that were wrapped.

Now that I can agree with 100%. If you don't tell people what is expected than you can't penalize someone else for them not doing the right thing...

But in regards to your last post.... I hope things have changed or that your memory is off!

But now I'll know to bring a wrapped toy :)