P90x

DLN1223

Thoughts on P90X  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on P90X

• Great spend the $140 for the program.
    • Worthless don't spend the money.
    • It was ok hard to keep to the schedule or other issue.
    • What's a P90X?

I did a search and outside of someone selling a few months ago nothing really posted it about it.

How many people have done it. Is it worth the price tag?

What's the daily routine while doing the program.

The program changes day to day each week. If you follow the workout plan AND the meal guide it works great. If you followed the plan and meal for the 90 days strict as you need it's easily worth what you pay for it. If nothing else for the structure and guess work it takes out of things it's probably worth it.

Week 1:

Mon - Shoulders & Arms + Ab Ripper X

Tues - Plyo

Wed - Chest & Back + Ab Ripper X

Thurs - Yoga (except I always swap that out for Kenpo)

Fri - Legs & Back + Ab Ripper X

Sat - Kenpo

Sun - Rest or Stretch

Week 2:

Mon - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps + Ab Ripper X

Tues - Plyo

Wed - Back & Biceps + Ab Ripper X

Thurs - Yoga (though I swap with Kenpo)

Fri - Legs & Back + Ab Ripper X

Sat - Kenpo

Sun - Rest or Stretch

Week 4:

I'm not really sure this is 100% accurate, but it's mostly cardio

Mon - Core Synergistics

Tues - Plyo

Wed - Core Synergistics

Thurs - Yoga (swapped for Kenpo)

Fri - Core Synergistics

Sat - Kenpo

Sun - Rest

The program runs

Week 1, Week 2, Week 1, Week 4, Week 2, Week 1, Week 2, Week 4, Week 1, Week 2, Week 1, Week 2, Week 4.

There's an actual sheet up in the workout room here, but I'm going off memory, so don't quote me. I think I'm about 80%-90% correct on the program.

I went through it twice (2x - 90 days). Its good. I'm still doing it, but I don't follow the "program" anymore - I just decide on what day what muscle group or cardio set I want to work.

Lots of free weights, bands, pushups (Core/Chest days), pull ups (Back days).

I didn't have to pay for it, and probably wouldn't have every spent the money to pay for it (because I'm cheap), but it really is a good workout program. First "videos" I've ever worked out to. I was used to the machines and benches in high school and just kept working on my old football workout for YEARS after I graduated with limited success/results. I was skeptical, but these tapes really did kick my ass. I don't have actual measurements, but the biceps are bigger, my chest is tighter, my legs are tighter and bigger (though to be fair, I've been cross training doing distance running outside the tapes). The biggest change for me was using lighter weights than I was used to and still believing I was getting a good lift. The key difference was the constant go-go-go-go, as opposed to lift + rest, lift + rest, that I was used to with the slower powerlifting-type training of my old football workouts.

I think it was definitely worth running through the program. Tony Horton is pretty damn impressive for 46 years old. I still can't do everything on the tapes at the number of reps or the amount of weight he's using. I never did follow the diet plan though - and I dont' take ANYTHING more than a multi-vitamin each morning. No creatine, no soy protein, nothing.

Got it off of craigslist for $60. It wasn't even opened.

Just started this week. I'm kinda just picking the ones to do at random to get a feel for what it's like. So far it's awesome and am glad I got it. I'm gonna start for real next week.

I say Just Do It. :D

Got it off of craigslist for $60. It wasn't even opened.

Just started this week. I'm kinda just picking the ones to do at random to get a feel for what it's like. So far it's awesome and am glad I got it. I'm gonna start for real next week.

I say Just Do It. :D

You gonna be looking secksi!! :leghump:

I think it's disc 2 - Polymetrics. It's the hardest for me so far. It's all lunges and jump combos.

What's bad is a guy on the vid has a PROSTHETIC LEG and I can't keep up with him. :D

I think that's a great program from everything I've read !!!!

But I'm going to start doing The FLIRTY GIRL class !! :p

I will never miss a workout with that shit goin on !!! :eek:

I think it's disc 2 - Polymetrics. It's the hardest for me so far. It's all lunges and jump combos.

What's bad is a guy on the vid has a PROSTHETIC LEG and I can't keep up with him. :D

Srsly. Plyometrics is def. the hardest tape in the series. When noobs come up to workout with me and I pop Plyo in, I preface it with - this is the hardest tape, if you can keep up with this, you should be able to do the rest.

i bought the entire set off the web for like 130 bought some shit from gnc for about 200.00 and some dumbells..all i have left is the dumbells and a fat ass beer belly.

its a great program if you can stick to it. i fizzled off after two weeks..im not one to diet, and i think that a lot of reason why i quit it. i think if you do it, dont put so much pressure and stress on yourself about the diet. it is very hard, and you wont keep up. im pretty much in shape and puked after pylo the first time. no joke. good luck

• 3 weeks later...
i have it, havent used it, but watched some of it... much more intense then my wii fit work out... haha

mail me a flash drive and ill mail it back with it on it...

hey what about the meal guide/nutrition plan? or is that on dvd also?

just go smash fucking weights. no need to spend $$$ on some fancy "kick your ass" program when you can just go SFW for 45 minutes a day.

Thank you! I always wonder why people spend countless dollars on personal trainers and such..If you want it bad enough work for it and stay motivated, if you cant stay motivated and dedicated then move along

It is a great program, I had never really worked out that much and decided that I was tired of being fat and out of shape.

I started the program in early april at 210 and now am 183, if I have followed the diet part I am sure I would be at my target of 175 by now.