ADVfilmer

buildit

Hi all,

Had a friend who is just learning to ride who visits here. She just got a, new to her, Kaw Ninja 250, so I thought I'd stop by to see the forum. I do a lot of adventure riding, single track, unimproved roads, back road trips and simple offroad.

I have a V-strom dl1000, Kaw KLR 650, Yamaha ZY426 and a little KE100 as a pit bike. Had a V-max for 6000 miles, fun bike but it earned me too many road rewards. :rolleyes: I also hang out on Adv rider, KLR forum, Strom troopers, and Cavemanriders.com since I love to hook up on great rides with friends.

My other hobby is filming rides and making videos. I make my own music for them and post them on u-tube (see Link below). Some day I aspire to be good enough to make $$$ shooting and producing videos for people of their rides. Well, I'm off to see what's new and hopefully we'll catch you here or on the road.

This is a great great forum, especially for beginners like myself...you should get your friend on here...my fiance and I ride dual's also and we are more of the adventure rider types. I just got a KLR250 and would love to jump on that forum if you can send me the link, I would appreciate it. Welcome to the best rider site there is!!

:welcome:

How do you like the VStrom? That's one of the bikes on my list of possibles.

Yeah, it's been a great bike. I'm 6'4" and it makes me feel normal sized. :p Biggest issue most experience is the studder at low throttle between 3500 and 4000 rpm. Most fixt the issue with a power commander and new maps. I simply took the front sprocket down a tooth and BAM! more power, no studder, and a speedo that reads 13% higher than actual. :rolleyes: Thank God for GPS. :D Other than that I've found it to be a very bullet proof bike at 23,000 miles.

Sara, KLR forum.com is www.klrforum.com. It's a world wide forum so it doesn't do much for local DS rides. If you're really looking to get with a great group for dual sport riding I'd suggest checking out www.cavemanriders.com or Adventure rider.com forum for adv in ohio http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28732

I'm under the same user name on all these forums.:rolleyes:

Edited by buildit

Yeah, it's been a great bike. I'm 6'4" and it makes me feel normal sized. :p Biggest issue most experience is the studder at low throttle between 3500 and 4000 rpm. Most fixt the issue with a power commander and new maps. Other than that I've found it to be a very bullet proof bike at 23,000 miles.

Sara, KLR forum.com is www.klrforum.com. It's a world wide forum so it doesn't do much for local DS rides. If you're really looking to get with a great group for dual sport riding I'd suggest checking out www.cavemanriders.com or Adventure rider.com forum for adv in ohio http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28732

I'm 6'3", so I definitely understand. I've been looking at the VStrom, BMW 1200GS, and Triumph Tiger. All three fit me well height wise. What about the sprocket being out of alignment on the VStrom? I read that was a huge problem, destroying bearing, etc but that it was an easy fix with a spacer. Ever have a problem with that?

Never heard of Caveman Riders. I'll have to check that one out.

Never heard about the sprocket issue. But diffrent years have had various issues, mine is an 07' and has really been trouble free. If I had to whine the air filter is a pain in the ars to get to for cleaning. LOL

thanks...I'm on ADVrider as DirtyGirlRider but haven't posted anything yet because I can't figure the damn site out...lol. I'll have to hit you up once I get on cavemanriders....that one certainly sounds interesting...thanks for the info!!

Howdy Buildit.

We need to get together to do some video stuff - I've made dozens of video camera mounts and crap and am always looking for new projects.

Just made a set of camera mounts for The Kevin Schwantz Racing School.

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

Need to get some stuiff made for V Stroms - luggage racks, etc.

Eric

Edited by Earache

Howdy Buildit.

We need to get together to do some video stuff - I've made dozens of video camera mounts and crap and am always looking for new projects.

Just made a set of camera mounts for The Kevin Schwantz Racing School.

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

Need to get some stuiff made for V Stroms - luggage racks, etc.

Eric

Very nice work there. I also use the VIO POV camera, but keep it on the helmet. I have another camera I mount on the rear. Just made a holder for it after I broke the mount for the second time.:rolleyes: Nothing as nice or fancy as what you have but I think it will be relativly bullet proof. We'll see.Rearvideoholder2.jpg

Sorry this is the best shot I have of the holder at the moment.

...Nothing as nice or fancy as what you have but I think it will be relativly bullet proof. We'll see.

Sorry this is the best shot I have of the holder at the moment.

Be happy to make another, nicer one for you. No charge, either. I make stuff as a hobby, not as a job. Small pieces I can generally make from scrap I have lying around. Larger pieces I only charge for the aluminum stock.

The Schwantz bikes have RAM ball mounts at various locations on the bike so that they can move the camera around to shoot their students at various angles. Working on a tower for the back of the bike now so that the POV will be looking down at the rider from above. This will allow them to analyze the rider's body position on the bikes.

Anyway, would love to make some stuff to fit V-Stroms sometime.

Actually there is something The V-strom community needs and if you can weld Aluminum I'd be very interested in chatting with you.:)

Be happy to make another, nicer one for you. No charge, either. I make stuff as a hobby, not as a job. Small pieces I can generally make from scrap I have lying around. Larger pieces I only charge for the aluminum stock.

The Schwantz bikes have RAM ball mounts at various locations on the bike so that they can move the camera around to shoot their students at various angles. Working on a tower for the back of the bike now so that the POV will be looking down at the rider from above. This will allow them to analyze the rider's body position on the bikes.

Anyway, would love to make some stuff to fit V-Stroms sometime.

Actually there is something The V-strom community needs and if you can weld Aluminum I'd be very interested in chatting with you.:)

Yup - I can weld and I have a friend who'sd a real pro at it.

email me at EaracheMS@GS.com with your idea.

I'm a big fan of the adventure touring scene as well. Just got rid of my DR650 for the new Wr250R because I wanted something lighter and more off road friendly. My dream bike is the R1200GS but will most likely end up with a V-Strom 650 much sooner. I'm also on ADVrider and Strom-Troopers.

Sara and I were just out doing a bit of adventure touring yesterday, although she is just learning, so some of the "adventure" part was not intentional. :D

Anyway...

welcome.jpg

I'm a big fan of the adventure touring scene as well. Just got rid of my DR650 for the new Wr250R because I wanted something lighter and more off road friendly. My dream bike is the R1200GS but will most likely end up with a V-Strom 650 much sooner. I'm also on ADVrider and Strom-Troopers.

Sara and I were just out doing a bit of adventure touring yesterday, although she is just learning, so some of the "adventure" part was not intentional. :D

Anyway...

welcome.jpg

Thanks Zerocrash, I'll try to post up here as adv rides come up. That WR250 is becoming a popular machine real fast. I have three friends who've bought those just this year. From the pictures i saw of you jumping you got some skillz! Hope you two can make it out on the 20th and meet some of the other DS riders. :D

Can't wait till my GF gets good enough to go ride tar hollow, wayne or Perry.:)

Thanks Zerocrash, I'll try to post up here as adv rides come up. That WR250 is becoming a popular machine real fast. I have three friends who've bought those just this year. From the pictures i saw of you jumping you got some skillz! Hope you two can make it out on the 20th and meet some of the other DS riders. :D

Can't wait till my GF gets good enough to go ride tar hollow, wayne or Perry.:)

Thanks man, I'm gonna try to make it out. I think Sara definitely is but I may have to work til 4. And ditto for the GF gets her skills up as well. I love riding Perry and I keep hearing good thinks about Tar Hollow.

Thanks man, I'm gonna try to make it out. I think Sara definitely is but I may have to work til 4. And ditto for the GF gets her skills up as well. I love riding Perry and I keep hearing good thinks about Tar Hollow.

Well, feel free to drive out if needed and the party doesn't end till it ends.:)

I really like the Tar Hollow area for the simple reason that there are not as many quads out to tear up the trails and dig 4ft deep mud holes like you find at Perry. Plus it's closer to me. I'm looking forword to getting the 426 down to Tar Hollow sometime now that it's street legal.:D

Well, feel free to drive out if needed and the party doesn't end till it ends.:)

I really like the Tar Hollow area for the simple reason that there are not as many quads out to tear up the trails and dig 4ft deep mud holes like you find at Perry. Plus it's closer to me. I'm looking forword to getting the 426 down to Tar Hollow sometime now that it's street legal.:D

Yeah Perry can get nasty in places and the nasty ass mud always smells like poo. I don't care for Wayne because everytime I come around a corner, there's eight hillbillies, riding double, half ass drunk, and headed right for me.. :eek:

Tar Hallow and a street legal 426 huh? My WR is street legal. ;):)