While Everyone Else Was At Work....

Sara_Rides

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds FANTASTIC!!! Can I go too?? Zero was super impressed when I read your post to him....he says I'm not ready for the 'technical sections' but I will be soon....and how awesome that you have gas and foods stops along the way. If I go I'm going the WHOLE 175 though, I don't chicken out....it sounds awesome!!

Sure you can come....I laid out the routes specifically so they would have something for everyone. There are bypasses for the hairy stuff.

The technical stuff isn't even really that bad. There are a couple logging roads with some rutted inclines and a few that are rocky, but they're not steep or scary. Ruts can be intimidating, but if you go slow and walk the bike through them the first time no biggie...the worst thing that can happen that way is you fall over going very slow, but if they're beyond what you wanna do there's an easy dirt road detour on every portion like that.

To tell the truth, I'm not a super off-roader....I was decent when I was a teenager but I've got screwed up knees so I don't hurl the bike around like I'm invincible anymore and I'm always cool with leading inexperienced riders. I'm pretty happy with a relaxing day on the backroads as much as hitting the gnarly trails.

Sure you can come....I laid out the routes specifically so they would have something for everyone. There are bypasses for the hairy stuff.

That's awesome! Zero and I are DEFINATELY intrigued and would love to take a ride like that sometime! I am really impressed with the fact that you spent so much time mapping it out that way...that's amazing! Are you coming to buildit's thing on the 20th? Zero and I will both be there for the whole ride, which I am so excited about!! It's great to talk to some other dual sport riders!

Edited by Casper
fixed quote

That trail was on Kory's ride a few years ago. Awsome area. I think I still have the GPS tracks from that ride.:D

Popped the cherries on my Ruger .357 Mag and my M&P .357 Sig - though it was an excellent day for a ride. I'm actually pretty jealous.

How do you like the M&P in 357sig? I have the .40, 45 and 9 and thought about rounding the whole thing out in all the calibers. I had an XD in 357sig and dug it but it was noticeably snappier than the .40, and wondered with the M&P's low boreline if that was as much of an issue.

Awesome... but the funny thing is, I wasn't at work today either. I'm "laid off" for this week. I shot guns instead. :D

Sounds like you guys had a great time - and swingset, that trail looks wicked fun.

Popped the cherries on my Ruger .357 Mag and my M&P .357 Sig - though it was an excellent day for a ride. I'm actually pretty jealous.
How do you like the M&P in 357sig? I have the .40, 45 and 9 and thought about rounding the whole thing out in all the calibers. I had an XD in 357sig and dug it but it was noticeably snappier than the .40, and wondered with the M&P's low boreline if that was as much of an issue.

:( Aww...what happened to all the jokes about me and Zero getting down and dirty in the woods? ;)

[thread hijack]

The SIG shot well, basically the entire gun is interchangeable with the .40. The clips are identical so I only had to go buy a .40 barrel for it (which I have, but didn't use yesterday).

Honestly, I hadn't shot a handgun in years, so I ran some .38 spcl through the Ruger, then bumped up to the .357 Mag on the Ruger, then got the .357 SIG out just to see the difference in recoil. I thought I'd get rocked or something, but nothing was extremely hard to control.

My ol' man and I were shooting at plastic containers (Cat litter boxes, milk gallons, laundry detergent containers) @ about 100yds off his deck approx 40' elevation - so we were shooting downhill into the pond. We didn't do a ton of damage to the containers at that distance, but I bet everything landed within a 20ft diameter circle around the containers. We got closer (about 40 yds and 10' height) and plugged the containers a few more times.

He had a couple of handguns, .45 (a 1911) and a .380 ACP that we were shooting.

Out of everything, I thought the .380 ACP had the most felt recoil, I think it might've been just because the gun was so light.

Overall, I'm pleased with the M&P and the Ruger, though I think the revolver shoots much better than the S&W. The gun store guy and all the people on the internet were making a big deal about how hot the SIG rounds were going to be, a lot of noise, a lot of muzzle flash - I didn't have any of that.

I was a little disappointed that the S&W jammed after the very first round through it - didn't chamber the the second one properly out of the clip. After that it fired fine all day.

Get the SIG :)

:( Aww...what happened to all the jokes about me and Zero getting down and dirty in the woods? ;)

I know, I'm sorry we jacked your thread. If you want, we can go back to sex jokes.

You and Zero 'giggin' for worms' out in the woods. You're dirty. :p

LOL, I was only playing with one "worm" yesterday ;)

I'm starting to wonder if I take you guys riding out in the wilderness if I'll look back to see two dismounted bikes and a pile of clothes.

Well, that's why I carry a camera so whatever.

;)

damn, zero sure is a small fella huh??? :D he's been braggin about a python... seems he was fibbin!!

Well, to be more accurate he's more of an annoconda ;) no lie in that comment, I assure you!!

I'm starting to wonder if I take you guys riding out in the wilderness if I'll look back to see two dismounted bikes and a pile of clothes.

Well, that's why I carry a camera so whatever.

;)

Hey, could prove to be a really interesting day :p we can be pretty kinky when it gets down to it...not sure how comfortable I'd be performing for a crowd though!! :lol:

We need more girls out in the woods! Makes for better sceenery.:D

Why isn't that sweet? Too bad y'all missed my skinny dip into the water...now THAT was a scene!! :D

Not to be rude, but i gotta say this. You have a face that screams i have a beautiful back porch! :p

Zero...where are the pics man? jk. :D

Okay, I personally LOVE compliments, so THANKS!! Zero and I are discussingn the appropriate pictures to share......:eek:

Damn Sara, you let it all hang out don't ya?:D

Not usually, but I figure if I'm gonna hang with the big dogs....I gotta play the part!!

:eek:

She was all prim and proper.

I guess she just needed some time to come out of her shell.

I AM prim and proper. I am a "lady on the streets but a freak in the bed" if you will. lol, I can play dirty with the rest of you...just remember that MY idea of dirty is no more explicit and suggestive than you've seen, so it's still sorta innocent. There is a whole lot more of me for y'all to get to know :)

She sure came out a blazin!

If it's okay for all you boys to be dirty I oughta be able to participate...especially when it's about me!!

Don't go makin me feel bad for being a little dirty....otherwise you may never find out how much fun I can REALLY be!!