Holy crap that could've been real bad.

JohnnyR6

its a yamaha..you didnt expect a bullet proof gsxr did ya

i actually almost had my mind set on a 09 orange and black gixxer 600 but they didn't have the 09's in yet and when i walked in the orange r6 caught my eye months ago. and i just couldn't forget about it, plus even with price match the r6 ended up being about a grand cheaper if they'd have matched the gixxer.i'm quite pleased with it.

ehh my buddies 04 R6 was missing the upper tripple clamp pinch bolt (only has one anyway) and the other bolt for the clip on was 1/2 way out.

the chain you can pull off the rear sprocket without taking the wheel off. it's worn that bad. you can move the links around it's worn that bad (did erv2 chain)

and he was riding around with 25 psi in his tires.

Edited by serpentracer

what's your point? i'm not being an ass, i just don't understand what your getting at. 1 missing bolt isn't that bad? or i could be alot worse off?

I'm just telling a story about a friends bike. as he doesn't look at things very closely. and this is what I found wrong with his bike in about 3 min of looking at it.

he was riding it around with no bolt holding the one fork on. you just had the handle bar one gone. which is dangerous, but not as dangerous as the fork being loose.

I'm just telling a story about a friends bike. as he doesn't look at things very closely. and this is what I found wrong with his bike in about 3 min of looking at it.

he was riding it around with no bolt holding the one fork on. you just had the handle bar one gone. which is dangerous, but not as dangerous as the fork being loose.

ooohhh. i see. yeah that's crazy. did he get it all fixed after you pointed it out to him? they must not put loctite on the bolts at the factory or during prep then huh.

Especially on new bikes! Almost everyone I know that's bought new in the past 2 years has lost at least 1 bolt in the first 500 miles from something important!

I don't have any bolts missing on mine (yet) but then I haven't really checked it over, hmmmm. Where is this clip the OP is talking about that ended up missing?

I don't have any bolts missing on mine (yet) but then I haven't really checked it over' date=' hmmmm. Where is this clip the OP is talking about that ended up missing?[/quote']

you won't have clip ons on your bike. the fz6r has normal handle bars. the r6's and all other race replica bikes have seperate handles (2) that "clip on" to each fork individually.

you won't have clip ons on your bike. the fz6r has normal handle bars. the r6's and all other race replica bikes have seperate handles (2) that "clip on" to each fork individually.

Oh okay. Well that sounds better that way anyway :p

I fixed it for him.

his tripple clamp was actually stripped out.

I had to go to the next sized up bolt and tap the hole. thank god we have a great hardware store around here.

that's good. that damn china scoot i bought last year had stripped bolts straight from the factory. so i had to drill and tap some too. glad i got rid of it. your buddy's lucky to have a mechanically inclined friend. glad to hear it's all fixed and he's ridin' safe now