Another twitter-ish post

jporter12

I got to take my first long-ish ride, for a purpose this evening!

I was getting home from work, dad called, was broke down outside of Coshocton. Wife was supposed to be going to take her test to get her MC temps, so I had to make a deal to let her do it Tues morning since she goes in at 11:00. I get to stay here with the kids until the sitter gets here.

Anyway, I run to the shop to get a few wrenches, then head to Newark to pickup the parts, and fill the bike. From there I hit 16, and headed!

FIrst off, I had forgotten that it was 65 MPH from outide Newark, until it went back to a 2 lane. That's the longest I've done at speed. No problems at all, even on the 2 fiddy. I just tucked in a bit, and went with the flow.

It was pretty much just a nice ride from there on out.

Also, I can see why the Coshocton area roads are so fun! I was only on some of the mild ones from what I can see, but it was still nice! Still working on getting rid of my chicken strips, and I think this ride helped a little!

Coshocton has AMAZING roads. My tires have been wall to wall for years, but I swear Coshocton practically rounded off my edge of my sidewalls...haha...that's freaky.

Cdubya - When you start living in coshocton? Or have you always?

Edited by NinjaNick

what roads were you on other than 16? just curious to see how much you actually got to experience it

true that fool

Cdubya - When you start living in coshocton? Or have you always?

all his life, grew up in warsaw

ABout all I remember for sure was out 643

good little road, u had to have hit 83 to get there not to bad either but u only go on it for a couple miles

Yeah, today wasn't so exciting, the riding I got to do was to Pataskala and back, then down the road a few miles and back.

I would like to get down to Coshocton to chack out some more of the roads, but it's about an hour and a half or so just to get down there from here!

Coshocton guys, how is 541? If it's a decent road, it might make for a nice ride to get there from here! It looks like it might be twisty, by looking at the map, I'm just wondering about the condition of the road.

541 is great from bladensburg all the way to 77! raod is old but no problems with the pavement at all

Just know that there is a sharp 90 degree turn in a two house town on 541, followed by another sharp 90 degree turn. Stay out of the ditch.

ditto ^^^^ town of new gilford

also after the flats (ull know it when u hit it, bout bout 4 mins of drag racing and wheelie lanes haha) there will be a church on the left side of the road (in a right hand corner) about half a mile after that is a hard switch back left to right and its unmarked (only unmarked corner in the county i think) it can catch u off guard ( had one lose his life there 2 years ago:( )