Help installing frame slider through plastic

tomato_racing

I have made way too many threads in the past few days it seems like but I need to get this done before I go to the track. I have LSL sliders for my 06' GSXR which require minor modification to the left side plastic. Problem is that I have all sorts of tools to work on cars but nothing like a hole saw. If anyone has done this before in the cbus area or has a better way of doing it please let me know. I will ride to you anytime after 8 during the week or anytime on the weekend. It shouldn't take anymore then 10-15 minutes for me to get the balls to make the cut and then 4 seconds to actually drill the hole.

I appreciate the help in advance!

-Jay

Take those suckers BACK!!! I have an 06 gsxr and had so many issues with this as well. It's very expensive to get done by a shop and many of my friends didn't want to take the chance drilling through my plastics for the LSL's. I was even dating a motorcycle tech when all this was going on and he wouldn't even touch it. :) I purchased some PUIG framesliders. They are huge but they do the job and I didn't have to drill anything. Plus they were much cheaper than the others.

IF you decide to continue though....I think flouder put on his g/f's lsl's on her gsxr....you could ask Aaron how he did it.

I did woodcraft CUT sliders on my r6...I was a little nervous but it was fairly easy. See Flounder. He did his gf's gsxr 600 without issue. He gave me pointers for doing mine too. I'm sure he'll help you out if you ride over to his place.

:lol: I got neg repped for saying naysayer with no name left...wonder who it could be...

anyway... did you get your sliders installed? Hopefully you stuck with the cut sliders, from most things I've read they seem to hold up better than no cuts in general.

Post up pics when they're done.

KEEP THE LSL's. After having done this procedure on 2 sets of plastics for my bike, I can tell you that the hardest part is summoning the testicular fortitude to drill and cut your baby's panels. It may be helpful to have another set of eyes, but you'll be okay.

Not to mention, the LSL's are top kit (and in the unfortunate event of an off, they supposedly sell replacement bobbins so that you won't have to buy a full set).

Oh, be sure to get some masking or painter's tape and tape off the plastic around the hole that you drilled before cutting with the saw.

Also, set the drill to a slow/moderate speed when using the holesaw (you don't want to warp your plastic from the heat generated).

Edited by KruelHouse