Icon Alliance SSR Speedfreak Helmets- Defective

MH:TT600

At the beginning of May I bought myself a new Icon Helmet from Kneedraggers.com - It's yellow Alliance SSR Speedfreak. Anyways, I've used it for just over a month, and yesterday the chin vent decided to break on me. You can still open and close it, but a screw/clip holding that plastic housing cracked.

I called Kneedraggers.com and asked them if I should handle a defective helmet with them or Icon, and they told me that helmets have been discontinued, and this part breaking is common. What??? The model just came out Spring of 2009. They are going to take it back and give me a credit on a different lid.

So...if you have one, or know somebody that has one, call the place you got it from because it will only be a matter of time before yours breaks too.

maybe they were discontinued for the failure?

Yea, they were definitely disco'd for the failure. Seems all Alliance SSR's were disco'd, not just the speedfreak. At least Kneedraggers is cool about it. They are going to just even exchange either an HJC or Scorpion(both higher cost) at nothing additional to me besides like $8 shipping.

Now just to decide which one!:dunno:

Thank for the info.

Icon = FAIL

Not sure if Icon = Fail....my Icon gloves have held up quite nice, and it seems a lot of people like their Icon helmets. But I doubt they enjoy paying $400 for their top 'o line models.

That is why I stick under $200