Thin Helmet

Tbone9191

Talk to me about helmets when we meet up. I've tried on about 100 in the past month or so. No full faces, but I've tried on nearly every 3/4 and half that is made, and have driven all over Ohio to different vendors. Pick a few you may like, and I'll let you know about them.

I ended up going with an HJC CL-33 with a clear shield for long highway rides, and a bought a separate visor for every day riding. Not the thinnest, but one of the most comfortable.

I also found out the only time you really notice a thin helmet is in the mirror. If you look at guys cruising by, you can't even tell a difference. Everyone looks like a dork in a helmet, no getting around it.

What type of helmet are you looking for?

It's funny, you're asking questions about all the things that I have just completed.

Who cares if you look like a dork in a helmet, it is there to keep your brain in your head.

Exactly. I didn't mean it as a bad thing, I'm just saying go for comfort and safety. No one looks cool when their helmet(or head) is split open on the concrete.

Don't buy a helmet only for it's looks.

Exactly. I didn't mean it as a bad thing, I'm just saying go for comfort and safety. No one looks cool when their helmet(or head) is split open on the concrete.

Don't buy a helmet only for it's looks.

I hear ya. I have owned a $600 Arai and a $200 scorpion. The Arai looks nicer but the scorpion fits 10x better. They all perform the same function just get one you like to keep on your head.

Talk to me about helmets when we meet up. I've tried on about 100 in the past month or so. No full faces, but I've tried on nearly every 3/4 and half that is made, and have driven all over Ohio to different vendors. Pick a few you may like, and I'll let you know about them.

I ended up going with an HJC CL-33 with a clear shield for long highway rides, and a bought a separate visor for every day riding. Not the thinnest, but one of the most comfortable.

I also found out the only time you really notice a thin helmet is in the mirror. If you look at guys cruising by, you can't even tell a difference. Everyone looks like a dork in a helmet, no getting around it.

What type of helmet are you looking for?

It's funny, you're asking questions about all the things that I have just completed.

There are varying degrees of looking stupid and I am looking for one that is on the low end of the scale. I have not used one in the past but now I have a son and life seems a little more ...um... important. I liked the ones on the site listed above. I know I am not going to win any beauty contest anytime soon but I would like to not look 4" taller with my helmet on.

I give you the ultimate in helmet bad-assery:

Roof_Boxer.jpg

Modular Roof Boxer. Don't want a mod/full face?

ROOF_ROADSTER__N_4843e893c9b24.jpg

Roof Roadster. Yes, that's a face guard in front. Now you can be Maverick in the comfort of your own motorcycle.

I don't know about thinnest, but the most compact helmet I've seen is Arai. There are also lots of helmets in Europe that we never get to see. Might be worth a search.

Agreed. If I can find a good deal, my next helmet will be a Arai. They are the only thing that fits me better than shoei. :popcorn:

There are varying degrees of looking stupid and I am looking for one that is on the low end of the scale. I have not used one in the past but now I have a son and life seems a little more ...um... important. I liked the ones on the site listed above. I know I am not going to win any beauty contest anytime soon but I would like to not look 4" taller with my helmet on.

so ur son is only worth a thin amount to u? ive never thought anyone in a helemt looked stupid no matter what bike they are on. only ppl that are stupid in my book as far as motorcycles go are squidlies that dont wear helmets and go blasting everywhere and harley rides with there sleeveless tshirt khaki shorts and flip flop look i see damn near everyday! thats stupid. get a comfy helmet and wear it.

my suomy is very light and comfy but i knwo it doesnt fit everyones head the same just fyi

I personally look way better with a helmet on, darker the faceshield the better....

If you're gonna wear a helmet "for your son" might as well get a good one. You can find those eggshell 1/4 helmets for 20 bucks and use a sharpie to scribble DOT on it if you want or do you want something that will actually protect you? Honestly I don't give a rats ass who wears one or who doesnt, but the dumbasses that make fun of me for wearing one get an earful, if you ride with morons like that I suggest you stop doing so...I actually head-butted a guy once with my helmet and said "see if you had one that wouldn't have hurt" Anyway who are ya trying to impress? I wear mine religiously now partly because of my kids, so I can relate to you, and one of the reasons is because I NEVER want them anywhere near a bike without a helmet, preferably full face so buy something that actually works "for the children"! Set the example NOW!!!!

haha Fan-fucking-tastic! i would be ROFL if i seen that!

Yeah cruiser-boi didn't look so cool in front of his girly after that...can't take all the credit got the idea somewhere else just dont remember who. It was before Gore invented teh interwebz. Guess he didnt like the idea of trying to punch someone with a helmet on either cause I rode off in a very uneventful manner ;) I still have that RF-700 though if you want to touch it and feel its glory

handkerchief.

BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

No, really man, two things about bikes that never look cool. 1. Helmets 2. Your face after it meets the curb. Just wear the helmet, if you are like most of us the goofy look just distracts from how retarded you look with it off. (Ok, that jet fighter helmet DID look pretty cool.... I wanna put the Top Gun sound track on my MP3 player and go rock that bitch down the highway 80's Tom Cruise style....)

I personally look way better with a helmet on, darker the faceshield the better....

If you're gonna wear a helmet "for your son" might as well get a good one. You can find those eggshell 1/4 helmets for 20 bucks and use a sharpie to scribble DOT on it if you want or do you want something that will actually protect you? Honestly I don't give a rats ass who wears one or who doesnt, but the dumbasses that make fun of me for wearing one get an earful, if you ride with morons like that I suggest you stop doing so...I actually head-butted a guy once with my helmet and said "see if you had one that wouldn't have hurt" Anyway who are ya trying to impress? I wear mine religiously now partly because of my kids, so I can relate to you, and one of the reasons is because I NEVER want them anywhere near a bike without a helmet, preferably full face so buy something that actually works "for the children"! Set the example NOW!!!!

I dont actually get to ride with many people as most of my friends dont ride so its not anyone I know, just think the ones that are extra thick look weird. I am going to get something DOT approved for sure. I want a helmet that I forget I have on if thats possible. For the kids ofcourse.