*venting* Dropped socket behind battey and can't get it out. */venting*

Muska

<vent>

GRRrrr! I just got a new battery and it is very tight to go under the seat. Well during putting the battery terminals back on I dropped a socket under the seat.

Now I can't get the stupid tight ass battery out to get to the socket. I'm just venting and I'll go back and try it again tomorrow.

</venting>

Try a magnent maybe? Couple bucks a hardware store or Sears. They can be a lifesaver....you'll see. LOL

+1

so now you don't have another socket to take the battery back out... :dunno:

He would, but he can't get it out he mentioned. I don't know why, but it's stuck.

i dropped something (i think it was a bolt) in the old cbr before. couldnt get it with a magnet. ended up dropping down when i started the bike and revved it a couple times. got lucky.

somewhere in there i tried using a butterknife?

Edited by thegame

The battery is a tight fit and i'm having a difficult time getting it back out. The terminals are not connected.

Also the socket is not magnetic, so no magnet will work.

so my fridge is magnetic and thats why magnets stick to it?

unless you have a fucking plastic socket a magnet is going to stick to that sum bitch.

Also the socket is not magnetic, so no magnet will work.

wtf kind of cheap sockets do you buy that wont "stick" to a magnet?

Okay...lets see....you could try....pliers...crecent wrench.... nut driver....blow torch....sledge hammer...buying another 29 cent plastic socket? Oh what a riot.....

unless you have a fucking plastic socket a magnet is going to stick to that sum bitch.

for the record...i called it first :lol:

I concede to you, Ross. :bow: I just tried another socket from the same set and it is magnetic.