7/3 Bolivar to SE OH

Tpoppa

jbot

04 998S Final Edition, 04 RSVR Factory, 03 600RR Join Date: Dec 2008

no, i asked her to "cup and stroke", but her engrish is very maliciously bad.

:D

weather looks good.

speed safely

we'll await a ride report

The ride was great, the weather was so-so.

The roads were wet from Cleveland to Akron & I got pretty soggy. What better way to dry out then hanging in the breeze for 400+ miles. Other than that, the roads were mostly dry, never really saw the sun until the ride home.

I met Uncle Punk in Bolivar @ 9. From there we took some favs to the Ohio River and crossed for a twisty WV loop. Crossed back into OH hit 255 & 800 home. We kept up a brisk sporting pace all day until we split at 77 & 212.

We'll have to do it again...

Now I have to get ready for a softball double header tonight.

Edited by Tpoppa

Okay after eating and taking a nap I'm back. Great ride, nice riding with you Tony, I now know of a few more good roads. I haven't ventured into West Virginia yet until today. 250 (In WV.) is a nice road, some of it is rough but what isn't is fun; I would have loved to ride it a few years ago when it was all new. 7 in WV is crazy fast and it made me wish I had a 1000. Big clean sweepers with plenty of line of site, I have been close to this road several times this year and wish I knew about it before today. I covered 416 miles today; average moving speed was 55 MPH with 7:33 of moving, total trip time was 9:37 with an overall average speed of 43 MPH. We didn't sit around for two hours but I didn't know how long it would take me to get to Bolivar with the roads being wet so I left early and it didn't take me as long as I thought it might so I was at the DQ for 45 minutes.

Tony is an excellent rider for someone who hasn't had any track time. I certainly couldn't ride as well as he does without having track time. I might have to change my mind about Buells also, I have not ridden with anyone riding one until today and I was impressed. I don't know if Tony arranged his route to include 255 because of some of the last few posts I have made about liking it but I sure do appreciate having the chance to ride it again today. He even let me lead on 255 and 800, thanks for letting me have some fun on roads I knew or at least had been on before.

Good day, no tickets, wrecks, break downs or close calls, we pounded out some miles and made it home safe, you can't beat that.

Semper Fi, brother.

picture.php?albumid=412&pictureid=4951