starting to get the track itch..have two options...

Dubguy85

I am either going to get a salvaged 2007 sv650 and make it a 100 percent track bike, or sell my repsol, get a 600rr and use it for street and track... So basically..keep my 2 bikes and add a third, or sell one and have a street bike and a track slash street bike..I see positives and negatives to both... Help!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on wera yesterday...I don't wanna inheret someone's problems, or a ragged out bike..I found an 07 sv650 salvaged, but fully repaired with 3000 miles for cheeeaaappp!! Just don't wanna get tired of getting passed by everything on the straights..but I want something light and nimble to learn to ride on...repsol is too big for my first track bike...

I was on wera yesterday...I don't wanna inheret someone's problems, or a ragged out bike..I found an 07 sv650 salvaged, but fully repaired with 3000 miles for cheeeaaappp!! Just don't wanna get tired of getting passed by everything on the straights..but I want something light and nimble to learn to ride on...repsol is too big for my first track bike...

I wouldn't get a 650. you stated you didn't want to make a mistake....so don't buy this.

You have 2 or 3 toys for the street...keep those nice bikes. you can find a good pure track bike for 3-4k. I was kinda stupid thinking i'd wanna ride my 600 on the street. At first I did. But I haven't been on the street with it since late May. It's prepped for track and i'm not touching it if I'm doing a track day every 3 to 4 weeks. It only takes 30 mins to prep it...but still. Plus, if you get your suspension set up for the track (at some track days there's someone there to do it for a fee) you wont wanna ride it on the bumpy streets. I took mine thru my 'hood yesterday and the suspension sucks on the slowest of streets.

Buy a pure track bike. I'd suggest the newer R6 model, a newer gsxr 750, or kawi 636.

Edited by Zorro

I wouldn't get a 650. you stated you didn't want to make a mistake....so don't buy this.

You have 2 or 3 toys for the street...keep those nice bikes. you can find a good pure track bike for 3-4k. I was kinda stupid thinking i'd wanna ride my 600 on the street. At first I did. But I haven't been on the street with it since late May. It's prepped for track and i'm not touching it if I'm doing a track day every 3 to 4 weeks. It only takes 30 mins to prep it...but still. Plus, if you get your suspension set up for the track (at some track days there's someone there to do it for a fee) you wont wanna ride it on the bump streets. I took mine thru my 'hood yesterday and the suspension sucks on the slowest streets.

Buy a pure track bike. I'd suggest the new R6 model (not an 09), a new gsxr 750, or kawi 636.

:worshipR6:

sell the street bikes. Once you go to the track you will lose 50% or more of ur desire to ride the street. TRUST ME! Get a 600 or 750 and not a 1000. The older of a bike you but the cheaper parts will be. Use the $$$$ from the street bike sale to get a bike and a whole lot of spare parts and top of the line safety gear. Oh yea and dont put all this $$$$$ to waste by saving money on tires. Spend all the $$$$$ you can to get some good tires! If u want to get into this do it smart!

You make me sick!

Buy a damn gsxr600 off the wera board.a lot of racers on there are selling shit bc there jobless and broke like the rest of us, not bc the bikes ragged out.

You can find gsxr parts dime a dozen on the board for sale if you ever need anything, and there usually around $3-5k for a race ready bike.

Sorry dave the R6's in his price range would be '04-'06 and the engines on most of them will be ragged out and junk.

Or just buy some new race plastics for the rep and call it a day. I really want to smack you for having so many damn bikes! Damnit