Honda pushing hard for Hydrogen

vectorvictor

Wasn't Jesse James trying to build a hydrogen powered car to set a land speed record? Wonder whatever happened with that...

Oh, and this is WAY cooler...

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060227/FREE/302270007/1023/THISWEEKSISSUE

Wow Stanley Steemer would be proud.. cool article and its very possible to make it work and work well.

Do the pros outweigh the cons though? Weight is the biggest issue.

Whenever you increase the power and efficiency and dont really increase the weight then you have a gold mine. Water can be taken from the exhaust and

cleaned to keep you tank full and if your using less fuel to go the same distance

you can stop less which is very good because for a trucker EVERY minute counts towards your maximum allowed for the day. You could get an extra thirty miles a day from not stopping for a half hour fill up once a day. 30 miles more a day means 15 to 30 more dollars a day. Thats worth it to me and water is near free if you do it right and better fuel mileage..hell yea its worth it.

The weight issue isnt one for me because if you remove the cooling system and replace it with the reservoir

for the steam engine w the exact same amount of water then you just lost all that weight from the enormous and heavy radiator. Overall the GVW doesent have to increase if done correctly.

Whenever you increase the power and efficiency and dont really increase the weight then you have a gold mine. Water can be taken from the exhaust and

cleaned to keep you tank full and if your using less fuel to go the same distance

you can stop less which is very good because for a trucker EVERY minute counts towards your maximum allowed for the day. You could get an extra thirty miles a day from not stopping for a half hour fill up once a day. 30 miles more a day means 15 to 30 more dollars a day. Thats worth it to me and water is near free if you do it right and better fuel mileage..hell yea its worth it.

The weight issue isnt one for me because if you remove the cooling system and replace it with the reservoir

for the steam engine w the exact same amount of water then you just lost all that weight from the enormous and heavy radiator. Overall the GVW doesent have to increase if done correctly.

When brought up on another forum, we were discussing possible FREE sources of the water... Like a collector for rainwater and whatnot... Great for us Ohioans... Prolly not so great for those in AZ and other dry places...

When brought up on another forum, we were discussing possible FREE sources of the water... Like a collector for rainwater and whatnot... Great for us Ohioans... Prolly not so great for those in AZ and other dry places...

Its easy, Run the exhaust through a cooling chamber and collect all the condensation , then filter and you replace most of the water you used.

water never goes away it just changes.