ammo available

dmagicglock

hey for those of you in the south dayton area:

I just left the super walmart on kingsridge, hey had about 15 boxes of 100 rd winchester left. I went ahead and picked up 2, it was only 19.95 a box... so not too bad. Not as good as the deals on blazer brass but good luck finding that!

• 5 weeks later...

Mother f'er... so I went hunting for ammo today and found some at dicks and at gander mountain but I couldn't bring myself to buy it. They wanted 15 bucks for blazer brass 9mm (at gander mtn) and 15 bucks for remington umc 9mm, both 50 count boxes. Is this retailers trying to gouge people over the lack of availability or is ammo actually going up this much in price!?! Just a couple weeks ago I got federal 50 ct of 9 mm for 8.97 (but goodluck finding it at walmart again).

I meant to go by there yesterday and check too. Damn. I'm going to start making regular rounds.

yeah that new superwalmart on kingsridge is great if they ever get it in, sometimes the walmart on stroop gets it in more often but not as much stock at one time.

yeah that new superwalmart on kingsridge is great if they ever get it in, sometimes the walmart on stroop gets it in more often but not as much stock at one time.

I check the one on Wilmington (or whatever it is that direction in Sugar Creek) occasionally and they never seem to have any in.

Price on brass went up some. I think they are feeling the squeeze from the ammo manufacturers. I am looking to buy reloading stuff here soon from a guy across the street. he has .223 dies and .45 so all I will need is 9mm.

Frankly I think the ammo (and gun) manufacturers are just milking this for all its worth.

miamisburg sportsmen club sometimes i drive all the way out to vandalia range and armory, where you roll to? I'm always down for shooting if I can find ammo.

I had been going to Vandalia also. I haven't been to the Miamisburg Sportsmen club before. We're members at Sim-Trainer so that's where a majority of our shooting is.

Where's the 'burg one at? Might have to go check it out sometime. There's only been one or two other people each time we've shot at ST. Probably just getting lucky. JUst this past weekend we went and sat through a FirstShots class with our kids. They did a great job and the boys had a blast.

The walmart down the road from me had suit loads of blazer 9mm and that was it. I didn't notice it right since they had a sign over it. Me thinks noone else has seen it either. Lol. I have plenty plus reload so I'm good :)

and who stocks up on target ammo? I did pick up 200 rds of Winchester silver tip for the ar.

yeah I just am looking for shitty target ammo that won't misfire in the glock. I got all I need for hollow points/carry ammo. Some people hoard the shit, but I just want it so I can actually practice shooting that way if I ever have to use it in real life I can hit what I'm aiming for instead of having a useless pile of 30k rounds at home in my closet waiting for the armageddon.

That winchester white box that Walmart sells in the 100rd boxes is like floor sweepings- I had two squib loads in one box.

Winchester white box is normally fine, but I won't buy the walmart bulk boxes anymore: I love my glocknade, and I prefer to keep it in one piece.

i think its funny but the best shooting ammo is usually the cheap ass blazer brass, NEVER have any problems with it, even the cheap federal (pretty much same thing) works great too! One time I bought a 100 rd box from dicks of american eagle reconditioned ammo, and didn't realize it was reloads... my glock was dirtier than rosie o'donnel on gay day in San Francisco and I had several misfires... never again :(