Opinions wanted, 2010 Mustang

Tony07R6

I read the write-ups on the GT500. About $10000 more and significantly slower than the vette and a tad faster than the Camaro. Ford wants too much money and I'm generally a Ford fan. My dad retired from Ford.

+1 my dad retired from sharonville.

our family bleeds blue......

IT was a rule anyone that drove a foreign car to our house parked on the street....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 325ci with Premium and sport packages....and I LOVE IT!!!! I drove from DC to Columbus on a tank of gas. I get some performance and fuel savings all in one.

However....

I'm still geeked over the new Camaro. The Mustang made some nice changes to the nose, but still didn't finish the ass end. It's much better this year than the last few, but that's just my opinion.

Take a look at the horsepower difference between the Chevy and Ford. Camaros V6 damn near puts out the horsepower of Fords V8.

Chevy also comes standard 6 Speed manual trans.

Pure SEX!!!!

picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=5241

But it all comes down to what makes YOU happy.

Yes but according to our resident Mustang God (schmuck) it takes approx 2x the HP in a GM product to equal the same results as a Ford product :rolleyes: Which is why the new GT500 runs 12.9's and the SS Camaro runs 13.0 with 100+ less horse power. FORD RULEZ :lol:

Yes but according to our resident Mustang God (schmuck) it takes approx 2x the HP in a GM product to equal the same results as a Ford product :rolleyes: Which is why the new GT500 runs 12.9's and the SS Camaro runs 13.0 with 100+ less horse power. FORD RULEZ :lol:

Hey Dickface, I never said that and the fact that you have to throw my name into every car thread makes it even more hilarious. Leanr the difference between opinion and "word of god".

+1 my dad retired from sharonville.

our family bleeds blue......

IT was a rule anyone that drove a foreign car to our house parked on the street....

I am sure he has some great stories about pissing in the paint, leaving their lunch in the dashboard, or sabotaging the line so he could get an extra break. I used to love hearing ford workers telling those stories

Hey Dickface, I never said that and the fact that you have to throw my name into every car thread makes it even more hilarious. Leanr the difference between opinion and "word of god".

sweet Dweez, now we both got cool nicknames, you're dickface and I'm captain fuckhead...

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showpost.php?p=227378&postcount=12

yawn...great if you're an accountant with no bike...

hell my last 2 luxury cars made 300 hp...

as I've stated cars aren't built for performance..they flat out suck for what they cost. Cars are for comfort, style, and occasionally power, not corner carving.

You obviously haven't driven with a guy that is an ex-race car driver that can show you what a car can do when pushed in terms of handling... I can guarantee he'd embarass a GOOD number of bike guys...

Plus, understand that cars do better in turns anyways. They have four contact patches allowed and we do not. We get them on certain aspects of a turn, but they can really out do us for the most part if the playing field is equal. Example? F1 vs. MotoGP...

But, for the money, you are right. A $40k car is going to get it's ass handed to it by a $11k motorcycle... Just saying that cars can be damn good fun on the twisties in the hands of a really good driver. Trouble is that there are very few good drivers...

I'll chime in on a few cars as I have had great experiences with them. BMWs are amazing and great cars. Take a little "tuning" to be even better, but out of the box, they are great. The 1 series is only good if you get it in the M Sport package as the power and performance is right there with the 3 series... But in a smaller package. Problem with the 1 series is that I think it is going to fade away. It gets looked at as the poor man's BMW and an entry level car. The 3 series is a great package if again, it is in either the Sport or M Sport Package and anything less is just a sedan. Good sedan, but a sedan.

The 370/350Z is a great car and again, a car that is only really enjoyed if it is loaded and has the right package. Good in standard form, but drive the sport related one and you'll know why it is better...

The problem here is that the OP is looking at a Mustang. They cannot be compared really against most the cars being listed here. BMW? It isn't a sedan. Maybe against the Coupe, but in reality, it isn't going to make it if put up against the 335i Coupe in the M Sport or Sport laced set-up.

If compared to the 350/370, you loose a rear seat. Again, a true sports coupe and really, isn't fair to the Mustang. Handling and characteristics make these two cars too hard to compare fairly.

The Camaro is really the best comparison as the Vette is so out of range and so much a different car. The Camaro is a great comparison, but again, you are going to pay almost $50k for the good one.

$50k can get you a far better car, but the "WOW" factor may not be there. The Camaro right now in the full monty set-up is a head turner. The V6 is such a different car and makes me think my grandma should be behind the wheel.

Overall, you are really comparing apples to oranges. And for anyone who has a Lotus listed next to a Camaro as a choice? Really? Either they are just spending money for the sake of it or they are buying a car purely based on looks and money isn't an option.

The Exige (2008) is a COMPLETELY different car than either the C06 or Camaro... How you can mix them together is beyond me, but I guess different strokes for different folks... The C06 and Camaro SS I can see as they are both similar in terms of overall. The Lotus? Hmmm... Maybe if you were looking at a Z06 or ZR1 maybe... But the Camaro and C06 are in that sub $50k range and the Lotus is over $65k...with the basics and no track pack, etc...

Ahhh, I see my thread has been de-railed, like so many other threads... We were doing so well at the beginning too, I had high hopes. I swear half you fuckers must have ADD though, it's like talking to my 3 year old sometimes around here, but it's all good, its entertaining. :)

Since we're off track now, we may as well take another turn, anyone watch that new show on HBO called Hung? If not, have a lookie, it's pretty entertaining, it's on before Entourage on Sunday nights?

Anyways, back to the topic at hand... Thanks to everyone for the replies, I've decided to keep the Avalanche a bit longer and maybe pick up a used 2010 Stang in a year or two for about $20k less, I'd have to kick my own ass for paying $41k for a mustang. All the other suggestions were appreciated, but I've been a domestic car guy all my life and I need my "fun" car to have that V8 rumble, so my next car will definitely be a 2010 stang or the new camaro. And I definitely need 4 seats for the family, otherwise I may as well just ride the bike.

Ahhh, I see my thread has been de-railed, like so many other threads... We were doing so well at the beginning too, I had high hopes. I swear half you fuckers must have ADD though, it's like talking to my 3 year old sometimes around here, but it's all good, its entertaining. :)

Since we're off track now, we may as well take another turn, anyone watch that new show on HBO called Hung? If not, have a lookie, it's pretty entertaining, it's on before Entourage on Sunday nights?

Anyways, back to the topic at hand... Thanks to everyone for the replies, I've decided to keep the Avalanche a bit longer and maybe pick up a used 2010 Stang in a year or two for about $20k less, I'd have to kick my own ass for paying $41k for a mustang. All the other suggestions were appreciated, but I've been a domestic car guy all my life and I need my "fun" car to have that V8 rumble, so my next car will definitely be a 2010 stang or the new camaro. And I definitely need 4 seats for the family, otherwise I may as well just ride the bike.

:plus1: get the stang

I am sure he has some great stories about pissing in the paint, leaving their lunch in the dashboard, or sabotaging the line so he could get an extra break. I used to love hearing ford workers telling those stories

Actually sharonville is a transmission factory.......

Unless you're referring to ford plants in general.

But yes there were some good ones....

I'll chime in on a few cars as I have had great experiences with them. BMWs are amazing and great cars. Take a little "tuning" to be even better, but out of the box, they are great. The 1 series is only good if you get it in the M Sport package as the power and performance is right there with the 3 series... But in a smaller package. Problem with the 1 series is that I think it is going to fade away. It gets looked at as the poor man's BMW and an entry level car. The 3 series is a great package if again, it is in either the Sport or M Sport Package and anything less is just a sedan. Good sedan, but a sedan.

The 370/350Z is a great car and again, a car that is only really enjoyed if it is loaded and has the right package. Good in standard form, but drive the sport related one and you'll know why it is better...

The problem here is that the OP is looking at a Mustang. They cannot be compared really against most the cars being listed here. BMW? It isn't a sedan. Maybe against the Coupe, but in reality, it isn't going to make it if put up against the 335i Coupe in the M Sport or Sport laced set-up.

If compared to the 350/370, you loose a rear seat. Again, a true sports coupe and really, isn't fair to the Mustang. Handling and characteristics make these two cars too hard to compare fairly.

The Camaro is really the best comparison as the Vette is so out of range and so much a different car. The Camaro is a great comparison, but again, you are going to pay almost $50k for the good one.

$50k can get you a far better car, but the "WOW" factor may not be there. The Camaro right now in the full monty set-up is a head turner. The V6 is such a different car and makes me think my grandma should be behind the wheel.

Overall, you are really comparing apples to oranges. And for anyone who has a Lotus listed next to a Camaro as a choice? Really? Either they are just spending money for the sake of it or they are buying a car purely based on looks and money isn't an option.

The Exige (2008) is a COMPLETELY different car than either the C06 or Camaro... How you can mix them together is beyond me, but I guess different strokes for different folks... The C06 and Camaro SS I can see as they are both similar in terms of overall. The Lotus? Hmmm... Maybe if you were looking at a Z06 or ZR1 maybe... But the Camaro and C06 are in that sub $50k range and the Lotus is over $65k...with the basics and no track pack, etc...

Really???? I never mentioned buying a new Lotus. In fact I was looking at 06/07 models used ( $40M). Same price as the Camaro/Corvette/mustang depending on what years you are looking at etc.

I would never spend $65M on a car. ALL my decisions encompass multiple variables I did not bother to elaborate on. No need. I was making a quick comment. The Lotus is a handling machine compromised by lack of space etc. The mustang lacks handling compromised by weight but has a back seat and can be used as a Family week end car. The Camaro the same. I am looking at Z06 Corvettes 2006 model years thus about $45M. More room than a Lotus comparable handling given the advantage in horspower.

So before you start making snide comments about anyone that would mention a Lotus and Camaro etc, in the same posting you should first ask why they were mentioned.

I looked at 2 Camarao 2ss models loaded for $38M. $2500 over suggested retail. They are $50M only if you're stupid enough to pay it and lack the patience to wait for manufacturing to ramp up.