Train vs Tornado

Kosmo

They had that on Jalopnik the other day.

The derailment isn't that bad until you see the cars that didn't derail coming at the ass end of that engine. I don't think I'd like to be in that spot.

But seriously, what do you do? I mean, it's not like you can stop or turn left/right out of the path. Damn rails.

The really SCARY part is that tanker rocketing up at the engine!! Many of those things are well encased bombs or poison clouds :eek:

I had a close call at least once. The engine is plenty heavy enough.....I'm not sure a tornado could lift it, but the weak point of the window latches was always what concerned me, as they're kinda Mickey Mouse. The windows themselves are supposedly shatterproof....Though I've got a story about that too from one night in Lima when I thought someone was shooting at me :cool:

If it came right down to it.....My plan was to go down in the nose, where the toilet is, as the door/latch is heavier. Guess I'd just be takin' my chances if we flipped & poo went flyin' everywhere!! ;)

Edited by Fonzie

My plan was to go down in the nose, where the toilet is, as the door/latch is heavier. Guess I'd just be takin' my chances if we flipped & poo went flyin' everywhere!! ;)

I will try to survive rather than thinking about poo at that moment..it will be in my pants anyway......:lol::lol::lol:

I will try to survive rather than thinking about poo at that moment..it will be in my pants anyway......:lol::lol::lol:

Good point Koz.....But that's 'cause you've never seen the toilet on an "in service" locomotive!! :wtf::p

Let's put it this way......In several years of working on the railroad.....I NEVER took a dump on any of those "thrones"....No matter how bad I had to go ;)

In fact.....One of our guys would always go outside & "feed the possums" rather than using the provided facilities :D

Philosophical question.........

If a tornado sounds like a freight train, and you're riding on a freight train......What's the tornado sound like??? ;

Good point Koz.....But that's 'cause you've never seen the toilet on an "in service" locomotive!! :wtf::p

Let's put it this way......In several years of working on the railroad.....I NEVER took a dump on any of those "thrones"....No matter how bad I had to go ;)

In fact.....One of our guys would always go outside & "feed the possums" rather than using the provided facilities :D

Sooooooooooooooooory Fonz......it went 1000 feet above my head :o

Understood......