Do we have an Amsoil dealer?

Likwid

i'm sure it would have to be a bit higher than cost since then there would be no point in doing it. if they could get it to the "preferred" member price (I think there is a 5~10% difference between preferred and dealer price), that would be great. I'm sick of buying a 6 month membership just to buy a couple years worth of oil and filters and have to do it all over again a couple years later.

otherwise, we could just buy a dealer membership thing if enough people want to get in on a buy. it'd essentially be a perpetual group buy, but people would have to chip in to cover the dealer fee and send in the money on time. not sure how often you have to renew the dealership thing, but OR or one of us could easily become a dealer and charge just enough to cover cost + dealer fees. or just buy a preferred membership and buy a shit load and have someone pick the stuff up.

Do they charge dealers? How much?

May be a worthwhile business venture for Casper, and would allow him to offset some cost of running the forum. If he becomes a dealer and sells to us a little above dealer cost but cheaper than the stores I imagine he'd make a pretty penny or two.

the pricing is pretty competitive compared to buying mobil 1 synthetic oil (car or bike) or other comparable brand. actually, it's cheaper if you can get preferred or dealer pricing.

Let me explain how this works.

A Preferred Customer membership is for someone that just wants to purchase Amsoil products at wholesale pricing. The cost is $20 annually to be a Preferred Customer.

An Amsoil Dealership is for someone that wants to purchase at wholesale, sell the product to others and sign up other Amsoil accounts in order to earn commissions. The cost is $30 annually but you can earn commissions on your sales and the sales of the new accounts that you sign up.

A Retail On the Shelf Account is for a business such as a motorcycle shop that wants to sell the products in their store. They do not pay to sign up for a Retail On the Shelf account.

Every one of these groups pays the exact same price for Amsoil products. Everyone thinks that Retail Stores are making a killing on Amsoil. Let me tell you that they are not. The profit margin on Amsoil is not nearly as high as other oils. Retailers are carrying it because they want to have the products that customers request. It is sold more as a service to the customer than for the profit made by store. If it was all about profit the stores would stock only the low quality oils that have lower wholesale prices and sell for as much or more than Amsoil. If you look at the price of Amsoil Motorcycle oil compared to other high quality synthetics, it is clearly the best value for your money. If you want to learn more about the quality of Amsoil Motorcycle Oils check out this study: A Study of Motorcycle Oils

If any of you are looking for retail stores that carry Amsoil Motorcycle oils I know of five in or around the Columbus area.

1. Iron Pony Motorsports - Columbus

2. Cycle Search International - Delaware

3. Olive Green Cycle Works - Sunbury

4. Adrenaline Performance - Lancaster

5. Pro Fab ATV - Carroll

Likwid: The best way for you to purchase at wholesale is to become a preferred customer. I don't sell at dealer cost because I don't like to loose money. I doubt any one else out there does either. Sure I would get a comission on your purchase but unless a dealer has a huge network of customers the comissions are very, very low (we're talking a few percent). Even if I meet someone to sell a few quarts of oil at retail I am not making much money. I do it because when I meet them I have a chance to educate them about the advantages of Amsoil products in hopes that they will begin to use Amsoil in all of their vehicles (cars & trucks) as well as their motorcycles. If they do purchase Amsoil for other applications, then they will surely become a preferred customer which equates to higher quantities sold. When people ask me to sell them Amsoil at Dealer cost they are essentially asking me to take a loss in order to save them some money. I am not willing to do that. I have a lot of time and money in my amsoil dealership. If I meet a potential client and I give them some brochures about Amsoil products, guess what? I just handed them some of my money. That's right, I have to pay for those brochures out of my pocket. If I want to sport some Amsoil clothing in order to promoted my business, I pay for that too. When I put a booth in shows to promote my Amsoil business I use a tent for sun and rain protection. It has a nice banner and lettering so it is not a $99 special from Wally World. That's more money out of my pocket and that does not include the entry fees I pay to set up!!! I also have a lot of money tied up in the inventory that I keep on hand for people that want to buy from me at retail.

I don't have anything against someone trying to save some money. I love to save a dollar as much as the next guy. I am just giving these examples to let you know why I don't sell to people at Dealer Cost. If you are interested in purchasing a small quantity at retail pricing I would be happy to help you out, give me a call an we could meet. If you have any interest in becoming a Preferred customer or dealer I would be glad to help you with that also. If you do not want to sign up and you are not close to Sunbury, OH then I recommend going to a retail store, paying retail price and enjoying the convenience of walking out with the product you want at a fair price. Please give me a call if you have any questions about Amsoil products or programs.

jbot: Signing up one person as a preferred customer is a great way for you and your friends to purchase at wholesale. Maybe you and Likwid can get together a few friends to offset the cost of the Preferred Customer Membership. If you are interested in signing up please give me a call or go to my website www.modernsynthetics.com Once there click "shop online." A new window will open. On the left side under the heading "Account Information" is a link labeled "Preferred Customers Save" that link will allow you to purchase the membership online. It is the fastest way to activate an account. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions about any of this.

Edited by Modern Synthetics