Bent rim

buildit

23,000 Miles of rough back roads and off road riding has taken it's toll on my front rim. Anyone ever had their rim repaired? I'm debating the price diffrence between a new rim and having it refurbished at half the price.:cool: Anyone have some experience with this?

i have had many wheels fixed. How is it bent? The lips or is it out of round? U can deff get a strom wheel for cheaper than 400!!!!

Not from the sites I looked at. At least not once you add in shipping.:rolleyes: The bend isn't real bad but it is noticible when riding and can be seen when spinning the rim. I talked to them today and they said no problem to repair.

Droped the rim off to Wheel Warehouse today. They evaluated it and gave me a price of $195 to have it straightened, another $60 or so if I wanted it coated. Should be done by next week, so we'll see when it gets done how good a job they do.

Droped the rim off to Wheel Warehouse today. They evaluated it and gave me a price of $195 to have it straightened, another $60 or so if I wanted it coated. Should be done by next week, so we'll see when it gets done how good a job they do.

Let us know how it does.

Man i could have had it fixed and powder coated for $100 out the door! Its located in cincy and he's the best around! (not very fast though).

I guess turn around time and being close enough for me to drop it off and pick up are big bonuses. It's suppsed to be done today so we'll see what happens.

I guess turn around time and being close enough for me to drop it off and pick up are big bonuses. It's suppsed to be done today so we'll see what happens.

If you would keep it off the whoops and big table tops the rim wouldn't get bent so easily.

:)

Hiya Luke!

23,000 Miles of rough back roads and off road riding has taken it's toll on my front rim. Anyone ever had their rim repaired? I'm debating the price diffrence between a new rim and having it refurbished at half the price.:cool: Anyone have some experience with this?

I had a 2005 Kawi 190 rear rim fix with the WheelMedic....they took go care of me....

This is location in Columbus off of 71....

614-299-9866

Ask for Mike and let him know you are a member of OhioRiders and Columbus Racing

If you would keep it off the whoops and big table tops the rim wouldn't get bent so easily.

:)

Hiya Luke!

What's up trouble? :)

Can't afford the 950 Adv yet so gotta run the V till it drops. :rolleyes:

I had a 2005 Kawi 190 rear rim fix with the WheelMedic....they took go care of me....

This is location in Columbus off of 71....

614-299-9866

Ask for Mike and let him know you are a member of OhioRiders and Columbus Racing

how badly bent was it and how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

I think I may know the place you went to. But if your talking about a wheel shop on Gateway Circle there are like 15 of them back in that little plat. My dad knows the owner of one of the places back there.

4600 Gateway Cir. Kettering (937)291-2332

Got the rim back, tire is mounted, rotors back on and on the bike. F'n rain :mad:

Price was lower than I was quoated ($155) and because they burned the powder coating straightening it the touched it up free. :eek: In talking with one of the guys he said compared to cage rims the bike rims are harder to judge. If you're local to them I definitly would recommend using them but they under estimate the turn around time, so add a couple days to their estimate. Still 5 days is not bad for that price.:)