Headphone/ear bud suggestions

Likwid

Mobile skin doesn't have a search function so if this has already been discussed just link me.

I had a pair of SkullCandy Ink earbuds and the plastic broke so I've got to rely on 1 bud until I get a good replacement.

Yes I'm aware of opinions and laws but that's another conversation. Looking for some ear buds that are <40, NOT noise canceling (noise isolating is fine), not going to fall apart :)

Anyone have luck with a pair or brand?

SkullCandy is still the best I've found so far. Passive noise canceling (like an ear plug).

They might only last a year. They are cheap enough. No big deal.

Buy at Target when on sale. 11 bucks. Normally 15 bucks, still cheap enough.

I didn't like using headphones/earbuds while riding. I found it uncomfortable. Plus, I prefer to use ear plugs while riding. I like running a chatterbox with the music going through the speakers in my helmet. Just my two cents.

That raises a good question, do helmet speakers really work at all? I figured with wind noise it'd be inaudible unless you set it way high

Wish you woulda mentioned this yesterday..... I coulda showed you the ones I got

Koss off ebay, with the etymalogical?? tip.....Kinda looks like how we draw Christmas trees when we're kids. Good sound & only $15

Wish you woulda mentioned this yesterday..... I coulda showed you the ones I got

Koss off ebay, with the etymalogical?? tip.....Kinda looks like how we draw Christmas trees when we're kids. Good sound & only $15

Hehe they broke at the Dyno, I went to pull one ear out and the wires/base pulled right off the plugs.

I've heard of the Koss ones... I may get those, they fit ok in the helmet? They looked a little long... nyuck nyuck

Hehe they broke at the Dyno, I went to pull one ear out and the wires/base pulled right off the plugs.

I've heard of the Koss ones... I may get those, they fit ok in the helmet? They looked a little long... nyuck nyuck

Yeah.... They stay in my ear better than any I've used so far. Since they're flanged.....They grip real good

That raises a good question, do helmet speakers really work at all? I figured with wind noise it'd be inaudible unless you set it way high

No they work very well. I always wear earplugs and I only turn up the volume 1/4 of the way up. I love using the chatterbox for music.

I cant find a brand name on them, but I use these black and white buds I got from walmart. I think the box was white/silver/black The silicone buds come in diff sizes and wear very very well, dont pull out easily when putting a helmet on. They also have an inline mic and a jack that someone else could plug in and share. Also they're 2.5mm and come with a 3.5mm adaptor so you can use them with anything. I run pandora radio and listen to audio books on my blackberry. you can also seemlessly switch to an incomming call (while still working) so these are a perfect all in one solution for me. Cant talk while riding but that was expected. Oh and they also reduce a lil bit of the wind noise i get from my icon helmet.

I used Koss sparkplugs for a while. They are passive noise canceling also. A bit hard to get under the helmet, because they are longer, but ok when settled in. Better sound than the skull candy, particularly bass, but not by much. If you have a bass boost or equalizer, it won't make much difference. Costs more. I use the skull candy instead.

If you want cheap that work well enough, JVC HA-34 Marshmallows for $20 at Walmart, low profile, isolating and don't sound too bad for the price.

If you want good sound, Etymotic ER-6 for about $80. Excellent sound, excellent isolation and don't stick out too far from your ear.

For great sound, Etymotic ER-4P for about $200, the best sounding phones I've had. More detail than my Sennheiser HD-580, 590, Grado SR-125 and Beyerdynamic DT-770, all damn good phones in their own right.