Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch

juliejuliejulie

I know a lot of us grew up with these guys...gone to a bunch of concerts, watched them change music, and change the lives of so many people... so for me, this news was hard to take. Luckily the cancer is only in one spot in his body and they will be able to operate on it. With that, let's keep these guys, their family, friends, and fans in mind.

Here is a decent article on billboard that kinda sums things up. There is also a youtube interview on there where Adam sums it all up.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/beastie-boys-adam-yauch-has-cancer-tour-1003995438.story

Speedy recovery, Adam!!!

ps... here are some (kinda crappy) pics from their tour last year that we were able to fly to. And if you haven't seen these guys live, get your ass to a show once Adam gets well again. They rock.

IMG_1435-1.jpg

on our company's Sovereign.. ridin in style to see the Beastie Boys :D ((some of you may know Reid from mini bike racing))

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1535.jpgIMG_1532.jpg

MMM Breaking it down

If anyone else has any sweet BB stuff, post it!! :D

I will say...that for someone who grew up with hip hop when it was created...that I have mad respect for the BB's. How many hip hop groups play their own music? Their range is wide...if you think they can only do hip hop..you're missing a lot. These guys have mad talent.

Get well Adam.

Edited by InyaAzz

the beastie boys sold out years ago. True they are pioneers but they could have done more for the real hiphop community. Like KRSONE and Public Enemy.

what more could they have done? just curious. how did they "sell out"? I've always been a fan of KRSONE, Tribe called quest, and the roots, but you dont think any of them "sold out"? The roots hit it pretty big there for a while.. do you think they sold out? :D

So do the Roots

Wow..never heard of The Roots. Who are they!?!?

SRSLY?

This is a thread about the BB's...specifically AY. No one was clowning on The Roots.

Feel free to start a Roots thread.

Edited by InyaAzz
Because I mixed my BB's up

Nice pics Julie.

Thanks dewd!! Definitely a fun trip... Not many things can top taking a private jet to a BB concert. :D I guess my job does have some solid benefits!! :cool:

I wish the concert pics were better though.. I need a new camera or at least learn how to use the one i have.

nice pic, Julie! The Sov was one of my faves to ride on... that thing climbs like a space needle!

My thoughts are with Adam. Cancer is cancer no matter how treatable... scary!

Hey girl! Yeah the Sov kills the rest of the fleet, IMO. Id take it over the others. I especially liked the liquor cabinet and the secret candy stash :D Nothing better then rocking out to BB in the cabin and drinking mimosas at 9am on the way to the show. Want to go in on a QS with me? ;):p

Cancer is cancer no matter what... its mos definitely scary. He's a strong dude with a lot of back up.

IMG_1481-1.jpg

and wait for it........... :popcorn:

IMG_1459-1.jpg

Hey girl! Yeah the Sov kills the rest of the fleet, IMO. Id take it over the others. I especially liked the liquor cabinet and the secret candy stash :D Nothing better then rocking out to BB in the cabin and drinking mimosas at 9am on the way to the show. Want to go in on a QS with me? ;):p

WOOT! I love the snack stashes!

If there are any ferry flights, hit me up! I'm always looking for something to do :) And I can order aircraft stock for our plane... hehe shhh....

HAHA, I remember JR sending me text pic's of you all in the jet drinking it up, all rock star style! Great way to go for sure! I wish JR would of told me he liked the Beastie Boys that much.. I LOVE THEM! I thought I was such a rebel listening to their tapes when I was young, and turning them off when my mother would walk up the stairs! I would of loved to go to that concert with you all, I can't wait for the release of the new CD.. Tadlocks Glasses on Dec 29th

Great pic's and next time you all fly to something cool like that, call me!!!!!