Cheaper lighting options

Ryan_c_F

Good morning, all,

Have some brief questions for those of you who're learned on light replacements.

Those of you who've seen my ride know that my front end looks pretty damned dated.

1993_VX800_purple_450.jpg

Your standard bigass ugly 7" round jobbie.

Since my ride's got the naked sporter look going on already, I'd prefer to keep it minimalist.

Can anyone recommend me a setup for smaller cluster lights, a-la-Triumph double-bulb? I'm not looking to spend more than $200.00 - $250.00. I can handle soldering and mounting, etc, but custom brackets might be a problem.

Yeah, turn that beotch into a straight bar cafe style racer. Completely uncomfortable and completely cool.

:D From what I hear, with a simple barclamp modification, you can swap in the front end from a GSXR1100. Tubes, springs, wheel, brakes, risers... everything.

http://vx800forum.com/forum/index.php?topic=1014.0

Ends up looking pretty boss in comparison, lol.

PB170026.JPG

PB170030.JPG

Yeah, turn that beotch into a straight bar cafe style racer. Completely uncomfortable and completely cool.

Oh and with regard to being a café racer...

If I could fab up, somehow, a pillion cover for this badboy, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't know that anyone makes them, however, so it'd be a one-off at this point and I'm not particularly comfortable with spending that much money on something that makes my ride less useful :violin: