Cage Insurance

r1crusher

The wife has been on me for a while now to combine the ins. for our two new trucks and her car. Well, I finally got around to calling a few places to get the numbers to see what would we could save.

Previsous ins. numbers:

'08 F-150 XLT - $100/300 w/ $500 deductible and $5k med. pmt. was $532 / 6 mo.

'08 F-150 STX - $50/100 w/ $250 deductible and $2k med. pmt. was $588 / 6 mo.

'03 Grand Am - $50/100 w/ $250 deductible and $2k med. pmt. was $468 / 6 mo.

*both trucks are 4x4 as well

NEW AND VASTLY IMPROVED ins. numbers:

'08 F-150 XLT - $100/300 w/ $500 deductible and $10k med. pmt. is $194 / 6 mo.

'08 F-150 STX - $100/300 w/ $500 deductible and $10k med. pmt. is $193 / 6 mo.

'03 Grand Am - $100/300 w/ $500 deductible and $10k med. pmt. is $246 / 6 mo.

:D:banana:

If you guys weren't aware of this yet, I guess AAA started offering auto ins. just recently according to my agent. This is some of the most retardly cheap prices I have ever seen. NOW...keep in mind that I work from home and do not drive my truck on a 'regular' basis so it is listed as a 'pleasure' vehicle. The wife drives her car most of the time and thusly her truck is listed the same way. None-the-less, if anyone has AAA I would suggest checking into their ins. for your cage needs. I also got more discount for having a platinum credit card as well...so friggin' sweet...I love it!

Just remember you need to be a AAA member, but who doesn't have AAA.

Kevin did you have your vehicles insured with your homeowners insurance company? It's hard to compare apples to apples here because of vehicle values, driving records and coverage but my current insurance is in line with your cheaper insurance. I do have my house, rental house, motorcycle and two vehicles insured with them though.

UP...no we did not include any home or other things to be covered. This was just auto only and we both have a *knocks on wood desk* perfect driving records and my credit score is very good and the wifes is okay.

Sam...I took the $10k med. pmt increase on the suggestion of my agent. I don't think the cost if very much for it but we'll more the likely let it ride at this for now.

Well, while you're checking out rates you might want to look at getting everything in one place. My coverage is higher than most of yours and a lot higher for medical, I also have towing and car rental. My 2006 Trailblazer is probably valued around your 2008 truck and I'm paying about 30 dollars less per six months.

Well, while you're checking out rates you might want to look at getting everything in one place. My coverage is higher than most of yours and a lot higher for medical, I also have towing and car rental. My 2006 Trailblazer is probably valued around your 2008 truck and I'm paying about 30 dollars less per six months.

I was really glad that I paid the little bit extra for better coverage. Have the med coverage set at 500k. ;)

We're going to get to that shortly I think. We were just looking to cut the premiums for the auto to start. 100/300 has been my min. for years and the wifes coverage was far too low for my liking. With AAA you have towing for free so that's not offered as part of the ins. and we also have car rental also I just didn't include it.

My truck lease is up in another 6 months and I have already started my quest for finding a TBSS. :D

UP...def. not new...I can't afford that. Used is where I'm going and I have to keep the price at or below $21k.

Sam...I hear ya. My truck when it goes back will be put on a lot for at least $24k or more. It's really hard to get anything used. If you need a hook up for a Ford just let me know! I can get ya close to the A-Z plan pricing.

UP...def. not new...I can't afford that. Used is where I'm going and I have to keep the price at or below $21k.

Sam...I hear ya. My truck when it goes back will be put on a lot for at least $24k or more. It's really hard to get anything used. If you need a hook up for a Ford just let me know! I can get ya close to the A-Z plan pricing.

Appreciate the offer but I get employee pricing from Ford, just refuse to drive them. GM I get supplier pricing. But even with that you cant get anything new unless it's sitting on the lot. Priced out a crew cab GMC, but it was a little higher than I want to pay considering I really want an SUV. Found one we are gonna buy. Should be picking it up in the next couple days.:cool: