Rotors

SJC1000rr

After my last track day, I have the suspicion that I may have a bent rotor. The front of the bike shakes under hard braking now. (Did some mega braking down the back stretch to avoid creaming someone) With that said…I have been trying to research for replacements, but wanted to pool the minds here on their suggestions. I was looking at Galfer Wave, ABM and Brembo’s. I am really open to suggestions though, even if it’s to stay with another set of stocks. I am running Carbone Lorraine SBK5 new front pads.

ABM

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=199

Galfer

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=3361

Thoughts?

What Yota said. You might not be going fast enough now to need super good amazing rotors, but when you do get some more trackdays under your belt and start running those super speeds you'll be happy you bought some upgraded shit fo sho...

Yeah' date=' put your bike on stands and set up a dial indicator to check the run out on your front rotors. ;)[/quote']

+1, it could be uneven pad material on the rotor as well. Make any hard stops and keep the brakes on at some point. Rotors rarely actually warp, check the runout and report back before spending 100s on new rotors.

I would stick with stock. For the price rotors they are the last part of a braking system I would change.

Braided lines

Pads

Master Cylinder

Calipers

Rotors

in that order. You probably won't notice the difference in the rotors like you would with a Brembo master cylinder. But if you have your heart set on some bling, check out oncycles.com to see if they have a set of Alth rotors on closeout for your bike.

Yeah, I made an uber hard stop Tuesday on the track to avoid hitting someone at the end of the back straight. After that it was horrendous....video: (yes..the back tire came off the ground)

After lunch it wasn't bad and I only noticed it a few minor times. But don't have the confidence in them like I had before this all went down. I have Speigler SS Lines, New Carbone Lorraine SBK5 pads that went on right before I went up. I was also looking at getting a Brembo 19mm RCS Master.

Edited by SJC1000rr

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking at these and really can't decide on what to get. I am down to look at these:

Galfer Front Wave

Braketech AXIS Stainless

Brembo HP Front Floating

Thoughts or suggestions? I will probably keep doing about 3-5 track days a year and standard street riding.

Edited by SJC1000rr