street boot suggestions

pocar

I wear the Alpinestars Octane Boots for my everyday rides. Very comfortable and well built. A tad on the heavy side but you feel like you have good, safe boots on your feet. So to me, that negates the fact that they feel a bit heavy. Anyway, they can be found for between $129-$169. I have the Alpinestars SMX-2 for when things are a bit more on the serious side(backroads). They have the toe sliders and are alot more firm. They're also acceptable at some tracks. I caught a fair deal with an online retailer since I was buying 2 different types of Alpinestars at the same time.

My everyday boots are alpinestars web gortex.

100% waterproof and have been extremely durable. I do everything in them- pit bikes, adventure touring, backroads, commuting...

I've also got a pair of sidi vertigo air's ($$$) that will probably sit on the shelf for a while since I don't have a sportbike right now.

^ +1 I have Sidi Vertigo boots. They are a race boot so they go up your calf, but they feel good. I wear them under jeans all the time, they breathe pretty well, are fairly light, and are comfortable to stand around in for a little bit, just not too long.

One negative is the boot is definitely designed for a leather suit to be tucked in, so there's a lot of room around your calf when wearing jeans.

Overall, for a race boot, it does pretty well as a street boot. I got them for $160 shipped very slighty used.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/1886/ITEM/Joe-Rocket-Super-Street-Boots.aspx

I picked mine up at Mid Ohio this year. Only paid $45 for them on sale. They retail between $120-180 so I got a great deal. Really like them. Very comfortable, even over long rides. Feel very durable. Would recommend them very much.