Buy Amsoil @ Wholesale! OR Get a *FREE* Amsoil - Preferred Customer Trial Membership!

Modern Synthetics

It was good to meet you at IRon Pony Matt. Also thanks for taking the time to show me what makes Amsoil a superior product. I'm sure it's on their website right?

I love the thought of this, but there is just something that bothers me about only changing my oil every 15k - 25k miles. Would be nice tho crawling under the van 1/5 of the time I normally do. I guess its a mental thing more than anything... 25k is lot of miles for the same oil and filter... those EAo filters are the best hands down tho. One of my buddies was a lubrication engineer (RIP George) he said after they would cycle oil through the EAo it was actually cleaner and contained less particles then brand new outta the bottle. I dont know how thats possible... but it was cleaner than new oil. haha

Edited by yotaman88210

Yota. Maybe the filter ?

But tahrs what Matt told me too. 17000 miles on truck oil. Also he was pulling a trailer.

He sent the used oil to be analyzed and it was still in spec. Amsoil FTW!!

It was good to meet you at IRon Pony Matt. Also thanks for taking the time to show me what makes Amsoil a superior product. I'm sure it's on their website right?

Nice to meet you too Jagr and thanks for listening to my sales pitch. I don't think I will be able to make the OR Meet & Greet this weekend but I appreciate you giving me the heads up on the event. :( Have to help my inlaws prepare for a move this weekend. Hopefully I can make the next one.

If you are looking for that motorcycle oil study that I was showing you at Iron Pony, it is online. Here is a link where you can download the new updated "Motorcycle White Paper". It is a good read for anyone interested in knowing how various motorcycle oils performed in a variety of tests.

I love the thought of this, but there is just something that bothers me about only changing my oil every 15k - 25k miles. Would be nice tho crawling under the van 1/5 of the time I normally do. I guess its a mental thing more than anything... 25k is lot of miles for the same oil and filter... those EAo filters are the best hands down tho. One of my buddies was a lubrication engineer (RIP George) he said after they would cycle oil through the EAo it was actually cleaner and contained less particles then brand new outta the bottle. I dont know how thats possible... but it was cleaner than new oil. haha

Yota, I was also skeptical about the extended drain intervals when I began using Amsoil products in my truck. I had been using it in bikes and found out about the extended drain intervals with the automotive oils and decided that I wanted to switch my 2005 Silverado over to Amsoil. At the time my truck had just over 15,000 miles on it. I put the Amsoil ASL-5W/30 in it with an Amsoil filter. Because I do not do all highway driving (light duty)and I tow trailers often I decided to go with Amsoils 15,000 mile oil change recomendation. I actually went about 2,000 miles over to 17,000 on the first Amsoil I put in. I was also hauling trailers often and hauling ass with trailers. When I took the truck in to get the oil changed I had the mechanic take a sample of the oil. I sent the sample to a lab to be anylyzed. The lab results confirmed that the oil with over 17,000 miles was still in spec for a 5W/30 motor oil. They did say it was getting toward the lower end of the specified viscosity range and would need to be changed fairly soon but still in spec. Ever since then I have been doing 15,000 mile oil changes on my truck. I have 102,000 miles on the truck now. No problems. It's very nice to change my oil once for every 5 oil changes I was doing with conventional oil. Less waste oil to deal with also.

Most people really don't fit into the light duty category as specified by Amsoil for the 25,000 mile oil changes but hey, even at 15,000 miles you are saving a lot of time and money while getting better protection for you vehicle. It is important to use an Amsoil filter when choosing extended drain intervals.

Hey Matt, thanks for the hookup. I just placed my order online.

OSUYZFR1,

Your welcome. Thank you for purchasing through Modern Synthetics. Once I see your account information come through I will reimburse you for the trial membership or for half the cost of the 1 year membership if that is what you chose. If you have any questions regarding Amsoil products or programs please feel free to give me a call.